Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9000
My Carrier: MoviStar

Having inssues adding app from BBW to BES10

I am trying to install Bloomberg Anywhere for the BB10. Bloomberg's mobile website (m.bloomberg.com) links directly to the URL I am posting, when I copy and paste the URL into BES10 add BlackBerry World application I get the following error message.

"The specified application could not be published. Java and Android applications are not supported. Please correct the entry."

I have been able to download the application on my personal profile and install it without any issues. The problem is 95% of the stockmarket traders use Bloomberg. I have also tried a handful of applications in the financal services application on BBW and found most of them give me the same error, like IKON and a couple of others.

Does anyone have any idea why they fail?

I have been able to add BBM which doesn't work on the work profile and BB Work Drives so I know it's not a server thing. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Having inssues adding app from BBW to BES10

[ Edited ]

You wrote the answer already by typing the error message.

Contact the author of the app to make it native. BES 10 can only publish native BB10 apps to the work-bbrry world.

€dit:

To give a possible reason, I think BBRRY does not allow the "android-mode" in work space which is needed to run these apps.  

Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9000
My Carrier: MoviStar

Re: Having inssues adding app from BBW to BES10

[ Edited ]

I was thinking of asking Bloomberg to provide me with the applicaton in file format as I know you can manually install applications on the work device.

Come to think of it, once all the traders around the world figure out they can't use Bloomberg Anywhere on their Z10 which are work protected they will like drop their BB10 devices for something else and spread the word to stay away from BlackBerry as there is virtual no support for it. 

I am sure when a BB tech reads this they will get the bigger picture! BBRY's stock will drop fast and hard!