Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Help with BES 5.0 and autosignature vs. disclaimer

I understand this is going to sound WAY more complex than it should be, but the powers that be are asking for this.

I had this working on BES 4.1.6.  All of our BB's have the disclaimer that says "sent from a BlackBerry handheld device".  A small group of users wanted to create their own signature AND have the disclaimer go away.  After research, testing, and talking to support I figured out there was no real legitimate way to do this.  So I tried the next best thing.  I kind of tricked the system (no reg hacks).  Basically, since the disclaimer was global on the server, I couldn't really mess with it.  So I created a group (and a policy maybe although I thought I did this strictly through the group config) and copied the test from the appended disclaimer.  Then I diabled the appended disclaimer within the group.  I then pasted the text from the appended disclaimer in the the "autosignature" field.  Saved and moved the appropriate users into that group.  This worked great.  When members of this group would send messages, they appeared like the rest of the companies users did.  But, what they could do different is go into their handheld, and edit the auto signature.  When editing that field they could backspace and wipe out the "sent from BB" disclaimer and replace it with their own signature. 

The issue is I can't seem to find a way to do this in 5.0 because some of the settings got lost in the upgrade.  The phones that were members of this group before the upgrade and still edit the autosig and have no disclaimer.  If I attempt to add a user to that group now, there phone does not reflect the same settings as those that were previously added to that group.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you