Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: High memory usage on Blackberry 5 server

I'll do the same! I'm fed up to dedicate one server with 2 vCpu and 4 Gb ram for 7 users!

Contributor
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: 3i

I think this article is no longer available on the BTSC , and on my BB Sql Server Sql service use almost 90% (15GB) Memory. i hope this is not big risk if Windows requiry the more physical memory.
Dhaval
BES Admin
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

If running SQL 2008 there have been numerous memory issues with it. Your issue could be totally unrelated to BES.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

This issue appears to be affecting everyone running BES 5 no matter what setup they have, whether it be a local SQL or a separate SQL server.

To be fair, although the process hogs all the memory it doesn't seem to be affecting performance too much, it seems that no matter how much RAM you give the server it's going to munch as much as it can.

New Contributor

Well folks I solved all the blackberry related problems we ever had.  I lobbied to get rid of our entire blackberry infrastructure including the phones.  

I am happy to report that now our CEO, managers, sales reps and employees use either  an iPhone or Android phone.  It was a monumental task to move people away from an outdated and less responsive technology but it was worth the effort.  BB server was a huge drag in our IT environment.  I am glad we got rid of it and the BB devices.  I am also banning the playbook as it doesn't play well with the existing VPN, wifi and other technologies in our datacenter.

RIM --  ditch the Blackberry server, license the activesync and save the blackberry devices from becoming extinct.

New Contributor

Hi Pie8ter,

I'll do the same!

We have 6 BB and BES server takes 2 vCpu and 4Go Of Ram!

Iphones and Androids dosen't need anymore ressources.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 9860
My Carrier: AT&T

We're about to do the same - probably not a forceful rip/replace but we're going to start supporting iPhone/Android and I think the majority of our users will switch away from Blackberry.  I'm certain that in 12 months we will be close to having RIM completely out of our environment globally.

My Device: Windows Phone 7
My Carrier: Verizon

Agreed with the above.... 

Android will NEVER be allowed on our network nor using EAS.   What a mess of malware, fragmented junk... I dont think google will ever be able  get those horses back in the barn...  horrible IMO.

iPhone and WP7 are it...  the sooner this BES is gone.. the better ..   Why on earth RIM continutes to maintain a NOC and proprietary software to do something as simple as EAS?  Amazing..

Sorry RIM .. you've been good.. but its too much now...

My Device: BES 5
My Carrier: ATT

We're in the same boat with this issue as most here. BES 5 has been horrific for us; the memory useage is over-the-top painful. We'll be looking to any EAS devices to fill the void (iPhones, WinPho, and Android).

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I had to recover from a server outage. Seems that everyone got an ipad or pod and decided to set them up with out getting permission. many users were stuck with a sync and the log folder filled up with 2 gig log per day, usually it is about 50-75 meg.

I had a lot of call as to why work email was causing high battery drain too from the syncs. looking at the logs some device were syncing up to 25000 times in one day, yes 25k.

I never had a BlackBerry device bring down the exchange server.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V