Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

How BlackBerry Device Service work with email profile parameters ?

Hello all,

I have installed the BlackBerry Device Service and it work well with Playbooks (without BMF for the moment).

I have one question about how the BDS works :

I create a user and I assign it an "email profiles" to synchronise mail, calendar, etc.. data with Exchange 2010 server.

It work well but I don't know what are the parameters the BDS has written on the user's mailbox on Exchange 2010 and if the BDS is written something on the mailbox (like the BES).

If I stop the BlackBerry Dispatcher and router Services, the Playbook is unable to receive and send any emails

When I create the email profile directly on the playbook using activsync parameters (without BDS), I can stop the BlackBerry Dispatcher and Router services without interrupt the mail flow within Exchange and my Playbook.

Something to help me understand how the BDS work ?

New Developer
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: ATT

Re: How BlackBerry Device Service work with email profile parameters ?

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hello,

Many thanks but I knew that diagram and it don't explain the differences between the mail flow when the Playbook is used with an external WIFI connection and when it used with a work wifi connection or VPN WIFI connection.

The diagram seems to indicate that only mail flows from playbook used with an external WIFI connection are managed by the BDS server.

Is it true ?

That is my question.

New Contributor
My Device: torture
My Carrier: telus

i would like to have the same information.
i'm also experiencing another issue where my mail can be set up fine on the device but doesn't work through the profiles.

based of off the diagram would it be telling me that the bds service is not connecting into my mail properly or something?