Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Fido
Accepted Solution

How do I enable App World for certain apps using BES??

Hi,

What steps have to be taken in order to enable the download of specific apps from App World on BES??

Thanks

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How do I enable App World for certain apps using BES??

Hi

One question. This it policy work perfect, but we have a problem, we can use this rule to restrict the applications installed via app world, but a user can install applications via ota. 

How can we resctrict this?

thanks

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

you can make an application white list to restrict

How to control and remove third-party applications using whitelisting in a software configuration

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

hi

we know the application list, now we are using that, but with this solutions we must have the application alx and code, and push the application with bes. We want to use the option to install the applications from the app world because is more easy with upgrades, different versions for operatings systems...

I'm try to explain the solution we are testing

the objetive is users install applications via app world but onlu the applications that we pemirt. For taht is perfect the blackberry app world it policy. But to do that you have the problem that you must permit the Third Party Application Downloads and in the software configuration you must put Disposition for unlisted application to optional so a user with the explorer can download and install application via ota. So we can't  restrict users to intall only the applications we want.

In Sp4 there are new it policy for devices with 7.1 software that permirt restrict to devices from where methid you can install applications. this is the policy

"Security > Application Installation Methods:
Specify which application installation options are available to the device user. Each application installation option provides a unique method for the device user to install applications onto the device.
This IT policy rule takes priority over the Disallow Third Party Application Downloads IT policy rule. In other words, if both IT policy rules exist, this IT policy rule prevails."

so for devices with OS 7.1 we have resolved the problem, restrict the application install from app world, and we specify the applications id. 

For devices with other OS we continue testing but we think we must to deploy the application via bes, like we are doing at this moment. 

Best regards