Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: non-BlackBerry user
My Carrier: uninteresting
Accepted Solution

How to add Work Apps

I´ve installed an Mobile Fusion Server with the UDS-Module (Universal Device Service). I´ve activated an Android and iPad. The policys are synchronized and the connections are okay. But if I add an Software Configuration with Application Definition to provide an application to the devices the "Work App" don´t appear.

I put the users with devices to the group with the definitions and configurations but in the Mobile Fusion App I can´t see the provided application.

Can it be that the "Application Identifier" is wrong?

Someone an idea where I find the right App-ID or what the trouble is?

In the communication log are no errors.

Thanks

Contributor
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: How to add Work Apps

[ Edited ]

you find the application identifier using the "iphone configuration utility".

steps:

1) manually install the app on the iphone/ipad

2) install on your computer the "iphone configuration utility" (ICU)

3) connect the iphone/ipad to your computer and with the ICU you find the application identifier (AI)

4) fill in the AI in the UDS application configuration form

It's quite annoying to have intall the app on a device in order to retrieve the AI and complete the application configuration in UDS before being able to wirelessly distribute it to other devices. Other MDMs do not need this field.

New Contributor

Thanks for your manual. I´ve filled the AI in the UDS application configuration form but the app is still not provided. Has anyone tested this before?

Contributor
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: vodafone

I tested it. Consider that it should take 15 minutes by design to be pushed to the device.

But in my real lab environment it often took more than 15 minutes. On average 30-45 minutes.

it's quite random.

In any case you can try to lower polling times in "settings"->"Device communication"

Highlighted
New Contributor

Okay - I´ve found the trouble! That is what the UDS-Admin-Manual says:

"For iOS only: Do not use an application file (.ipa file) as the application source. Use the application web
address as the application source, which is the web address of the application in the App Store."

Why BlackBerry suggest the option to select "ipa-file" as source??! .ipa-files are only for iOS...! Andoid uses .apk-files. This is really confusing.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: RIM Z10
My Carrier: PLUS (Poland)

I Install Citrix Reciver on Ipad but it's not connect thru my work connection and I need setup a vpn to my work network to connect to my servers. Any posible to set it up like wokr browser to make a connection thru my UDS to my work network directly?

This not make mistakes, who does nothing.
Włodzimierz Lenin

BES 5.0.4,BES 10.2