Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: O2

Install BES10 on a hosted server that is not part of a domain

Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to install BES10 on a hosted server that is not part of any domain. Then create the smtp profile etc from information from the people hosting my email?

I have tried this but cannot login to management console or UDS. I can login to BDS and setup a mail profile and send an activation email but thats as far as I can get. I think there is IIS issues as am getting the following error " an error occured. The site might be temporaily unavailable. Click OK to attempt to return to the login page "

Thanks

Brain

Super Contributor
My Device: Z30

Re: Install BES10 on a hosted server that is not part of a domain

Hi,

First of all, you haven't explained what email platform your hosted provider is using?

You need to understand that BES 10 needs to access AD to obtain user info and also user account authentication when connecting via ActiveSync.

Ideally your BES 10 should be domain connected to avoid over complicating the setup, not to mention opening the ports on the firewall to connect to the various servers...

Why do you want to do it the hard way? Won't your provider setup a BES 10 for you in their cloud or whatever way they are connected ?

Don't forget to hit like if I resolved your issue! Smiley Happy
New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: O2

The email is inhouse so we will be connecting via OWA. The BES10 is the server being hosted on 2008 R2.

Have you tried to install a standalone BES10 on a server in a work group? I gurantee the BDS will login fine but the UDS will fail.

Super Contributor
My Device: Z30

I've never tried it to be honest nor is it something I would see as supported. In all my time dealing with BES, I've always seen the BES connected in the same domain as the mail server, or at least having a connection to AD.

Also, why are you guys using OWA to connect to Exchange? No Outlook client/MAPI?

Don't forget to hit like if I resolved your issue! Smiley Happy