Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Installing Apps from BES w Policy Restrictions

I am trying to find the easiest way to rollout google maps and the weatherchannel (or any weather app) app to about 25 BBs. They currently have Appworld and AppCenter blocked. Since it is only a couple small apps (which I dont know if there is a central rollout exe for weather) is there a way to do it by each phone...or is it easier to roll thm out through the BES wirelessly.

This is the first BES I have setup and have not rolled out apps from the BES yet...thx in advance
Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Installing Apps from BES w Policy Restrictions

You can create a software configuration with as many or few apps as you would like. You can then use application control policies to control the apps. This article should help you get started:

How to create a software configuration to deploy third-party applications to BlackBerry smartphones ...

Here's the link to get the Google Maps files you'll need. Not quite sure where to get something for the weather...but hopefully it's out there somewhere.