Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Mobile
My Carrier: MTN

Issue with new installation of BES - Services wont start - 404 Error

Hi,

I have installed BES on Windows 2008 SBS. After the installation I restart the server and all blackberry services was down. I tried to start them with the recommended order (Router, Dispatcher, Control)  but the Dispatcher was failing to start with the error: 5009. The logon account for services was the BESAdmin and I change it to Local System. I manage to start all the services but I still was not able to access administration service(HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found). I also noticed that all the services was set to start "manual" and I correct them(I set then as our local BES settings).

What is going wrong here?

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet
My Carrier: ****

Re: Issue with new installation of BES - Services wont start - 404 Error

Please try this Knowledge Base Article: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB20414

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

You will get that issue when you change the logons of the services, change them back to BESAdmin service account.

Also what version BES?

You might have had a security update if on BES 5 SP2 and thats why it wont start, you have to remove the updates or upgrade to SP 3.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Mobile
My Carrier: MTN

1. Locate the SQL service in the list and right-click Properties

What SQL Service? It has a lot of them

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

knottyrope wrote:

You will get that issue when you change the logons of the services, change them back to BESAdmin service account.

Also what version BES?

You might have had a security update if on BES 5 SP2 and thats why it wont start, you have to remove the updates or upgrade to SP 3.

please answer my questions so i can assist you

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Advisor III
My Device: .
My Carrier: .

moved to "BlackBerry® Professional Software and BlackBerry® Enterprise Server Express" board