Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

LDAP authentication error when trying to login to BBAS and Web Desktop Manager

Hi

When trying to login to my BlackBerry Administration Server browser interface using my domain credentials (AD on a Windows 2003 server) the following message is coming up:

The username, password, or domain is not correct. Please correct the entry.

The error also occurs on the BlackBerry Web Desktop Manager.

The server configuration is set for using port 389 and verifying the connection works fine. However, for verifying I always need to type the password for the LDAP user. Could the problem be that the LDAP user's password is simply not saved at all? Looking up forum entries, they recommended to install a newly released patch (besx500mr1.msp). Unfortunately, that did not resolve my issue.

Checking the BBA server's logfiles, I found the following entry

10/28 16:04:34:860):{http-[BBSERVERNAME+IP} [com.rim.bes.basplugin.activedirectory.LdapSearch] [INFO] [ADAU-1001] {u=SystemUser, t=1320732} LOGIN ERROR:  getActiveDirectoryRootDseInformation could not get rootDSE attributes for URL ldap://[DOMAINNAME]:389 error=javax.naming.CommunicationException: [DOMAINNAME]:389 [Root exception is java.net.UnknownHostException: [DOMAINNAME]]

Has anyone else come across this problem and managed to get it solved?

Any help is very much appreciated!

Cheers

Mounti

System details

BlackBerry Enterprise Server Version: 5.0.0.142

Email server: Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 SP1 (Version 08.01.0311.002) installed on Windows 2003 Server SP2

Domain Controller: Microsoft Windows Server 2003 SP2

LDAP server: LDAP delivered by the Domain Controller

Highlighted
Retired

Re: LDAP authentication error when trying to login to BBAS and Web Desktop Manager

It looks like the BAS can't connect to the LDAP server.

See cause 3 here:  LDAP

New Contributor

Re: LDAP authentication error when trying to login to BBAS and Web Desktop Manager

Hello enterprisexpert,

thanks for your support. The connect to the LDAP Server ist Ok. When I try the solution (nslookup), I get a connect to the LDAP  Server. Also I have tried the LDP tool (Support tool Microsoft) and I get a connection to the LDAP server.

Cheers

Mounti

New Contributor

Hello all,

I have solved my problem.

Edit the hosts file on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server to contain the IP address and FQDN of the domain.

1. From a command prompt, ping the FQDN of the domain and record the listed IP address.
  2. From Windows® Explorer, navigate to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc.
  3. Open the hosts file using Notepad.
  4. Add a line with the IP address and FQDN of the domain.
  5. Save and close the file.
  6. From a command prompt, run ipconfig /flushdns.
  7. Restart the BAS-AS service.

cheers

Mounti

New Contributor

I agree that this solution seems to work. I was unable to login via LDAP every time I updated BES (service packs, etc).

Note that step 4 should read "Add a line with the IP address and FQDN of the domain controller." 

New Contributor
My Device: iPhone
My Carrier: Vodafone

Note that step 4 IS correct, its should be the IP address of the domain

BlackBerry Employee
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

This sounds like you are working around a DNS issue with the hosts file entry.

New Contributor
My Device: iPhone
My Carrier: Vodafone

I have been trying many things to correct the error when loggin into to the Blackbery Web Administration. The users are getting an error which says their username\password is incorrect. I have now sorted it by installing SP4