Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: RIM
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

License Trade Up Program Question: converting temporary BES10 licenses to permanent BES10

Hello,

According to License Trade Up Program, we have converted BES 5 licenses to temporary BES 10 licenses, however, not all temporary BES 10 licenses have been activated with a BlackBerry 10 device.

My question: Is it qualified to receive/claim the permanent licenses for ALL temporary licenses, or just the temporary licenses with BlackBerry 10 devices activated only? Does that mean we have to purchase new BES 10 licenses for the new Blackberry 10 device activations after the Trade Up Program completes at the end of this year?

Thanks,

KT

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: O2

Re: License Trade Up Program Question: converting temporary BES10 licenses to permanent BES10

Assuming your set up is the same as mine, the BES10 CALs you have are, up until the end of 2013 anyway, "Interim Licenses" with an expiry date of 31 March 2014.  Yes, you've just swapped a permanent BES5 CAL for an Interim BES10 CAL!  And if you are not a BTSS (BlackBerry Technical Support Services) customer these Interim CALs will be swapped for permanent ones sometime in Q1 2014, but only those CALs against which a BlackBerry 10 device has been activated will be swapped.  Any unused CALs will be lost forever.  I am assured by my Account Manager that BTSS customers will have all CALs, whether activated or not, swapped for permanent BES10 CALs.

Contributor

Re: License Trade Up Program Question: converting temporary BES10 licenses to permanent BES10

My manager said we would stop using BlackBerry device if we were not able to transfer BES 5 licenses (thousands of them)... We have had a MDM solution set up for iOS device already and the number is growing really fast.

I wish BlackBerry could hear that and change their mind because users are leaving BlackBerry. License transfer is a way to keep them...

Thanks,

KT

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

why use two MDM soultions when you can use one with BES 10? just curious

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

The MDM solution for iOS was set up one and half years ago... There was no BES 10 at the time...

BTW, how do I get a temp EMM - Corporate license so I can test it out on iOS device?

Thanks,

Kevin

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Do you know if you trade up your perpetual licenses do they remain perpetual or become an annaul license?

Contributor

Remain perpetual..

License Model: Perpetual

Part Number Description: Trade-Up to BES10 EMM Corporate for BlackBerry v10.1 - Interim CAL