Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Super Contributor
My Device: Z30

Re: License activation or changinig the license on activated devices

No, the licensing server does not choose itself. The activation method you choose if how the licensing server determines which license it should use from the pool.

Send a screenshot of your licenses from BMS please so I can help you to understand what is happening here.

There are 4 license types so I want to see what you have available:

EMM Corporate for BlackBerry (No change)

EMM Corporate (Silver)

EMM Regulated for BlackBerry (Gold)

SWS (Gold)

Don't forget to hit like if I resolved your issue! Smiley Happy
New Contributor
My Device: Z10/Z30 etc
My Carrier: Vodafone

BES10 Licenses

Super Contributor

Ok, so the silver licenses are all used up and you have no BlackBerry Gold licenses which explains why you can't activate any BlackBerry 10 devices. If you had those available, they can be used to activate devices using BlackBerry Balance.

Let's also look at how optimization works here: If you obtain BlackBerry Gold licenses and use them all up and then had to activate a BlackBerry 10 device with the EMM Regulated option, the server would automatically free up a gold license and assign the other device a silver license, so in a way it's intelligently optimized. There is a similar mechanism in place for iOS/Android devices.

At the moment, I don't think there is a way for the server to transfer a silver license assigned to a non-BB device to a SWS gold license when you need to activate a BlackBerry 10 device. Not sure why but you should open a case with BlackBerry to request this feature. If it's not possible there is probably a good reason for it...

Is it clearer now?

New Contributor
My Device: Z10/Z30 etc
My Carrier: Vodafone

Yeah, it is clearer now.

Thank you very much! I will contact the BlackBerry Support, to resolve this issue. in my opinion this cannot be working as intended. I will keep you in line in this post, if you are interessted...

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I'd definitely be interested in hearing the outcome of that Smiley Happy

Thanks