Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Lost PIN's

Running BES ver 5.0.0.137 for Lotus Domino and I have phones that just lose their association with the BES. The user will come to me and say I'm not getting any mail from the enterprise and when I look at the BES I can see the user but they don't have a PIN associated to their name. I can re associate them and they start getting enterprise mail but the BES doesn't know what device is being used. It is all quite strange and didn't start until the upgrade to 5.0 and also it only happens to the newer devices I have. This has never happened to any of the 8830's I still have on the system. Any and all help is welcome and appreciated.

Thanks,

R. Kirby Whyte

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

Re: Lost PIN's

Anything special in the NSF log?

Sounds like you might need to report this to T-support though, not nearly enough information here.

Version of lotus domino?

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
New Contributor

I will have to take a look at the log files. Running version 8.5 fp1 of Lotus. You are most likely correct when you say I will need to contact Tech Support on this. I have looked around prior to posting this and found nothing. Oh well that is why we pay for support.
Forums Veteran I

Yeah its just so broad, it could be one of many things

New Contributor

I had the same issue. Random drop of PINs from BES 5.0 (Domino version).

Found that it was the Enterprise Service Policy setting. Originally set to allow 9530 Storm only, set to 9630 as well for Tour.

Have had no further issues.

Hope that helps.

Forums Veteran I

Good information, thanks for sharing. I will make notes about this, seems to be reported on other forums as well.

Contributor

Hello,

Did you ever find a resolution to your issue? I have seen this in my environment also.   Thanks. 

New Contributor

Yes Shark2th seems to found the answer. When I checked my Enterprise Service Policy setting it was acually set to pretty much disallow any and all  models of Blackberry. I really wondered how it worked at all. I enabled the models of BB that I have in my organization and so far I haven't had a lost PIN. Time will tell but right now this looks like a good solution.

Kirby

Contributor

I don't have Entreprise Service Policy turned on so that's not my problem.  Thanks for the reply. 

New Contributor

I didn't think I had mine enabled either.