Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 9790
Accepted Solution

MAPI issues when installing BES 5.0.3 (bundle 33)

Hi, i'm trying to finish my installation but i get a MAPI error: "The Setup application could not initialize the Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI client ". My environment: Windows Server 2008 R2 Microsoft® Exchange 2003 SP2 Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Client and Collaboration Data Objects 1.2.1 BESAdmin service account mailbox not hidden from Exchange I'm stuck! even after going through all the KB from MS and BB nothing works! Help!
Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook

Re: MAPI issues when installing BES 5.0.3 (bundle 33)

Hello

I know you said that you checked if the BESadmin account was not hidden from Exchange but please reference the below Knowledge Base Article that I have found:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB24180

KB24180

Contributor

Followed that article as well and i still get the same message preventing me to finish the installation! Can't figure out what's preventing the MAPI connection to the Exchange server. Nothing relevant on the logs.
Contributor

Correction: My environment: Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
Contributor

At the MAPI Settings screen of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server installation, type in the Global Catalog server host name instead of the Microsoft Exchange Server host name.

When "Check Name" is selected, the Global Catalog host name will be automatically be replaced by the Microsoft Exchange Server server host name.

In addition, the BlackBerry service account may change to the full SMTP account name instead of the Display Name.

FIXED!

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB25752