Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

MailboxManager::CreateProfile (BES_CDO_5192_8) - Unable to find Exchange Server MAPI component

Hello Support,

I am having an issue with our Blackberries running on BES 5 with exchange 2007. When a user adds an appointment on their blackberry it doesn't sync back with their Exchange Calendar. It does work the other way.

This has stopped working since applying Server 2008 R2 update on our BES server. Now when I check in the event log I get the following error:

MailboxManager::CreateProfile (BES_CDO_5192_8) - Unable to find Exchange Server MAPI component

Does any one know of a fix for this?

Thanks

Paul

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: MailboxManager::CreateProfile (BES_CDO_5192_8) - Unable to find Exchange Server MAPI component

I have been doing a little more research into the issue and there seems to be alot pointing to CDOSys.dll. I was under the impression that the latest version of BES didnt need the two dlls to match versions? Is this still the case?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: MailboxManager::CreateProfile (BES_CDO_5192_8) - Unable to find Exchange Server MAPI component

What version CDO.DLL is installed on BES and Exchange Server too?

KB04912 - How to check if and where the CDO.dll file is registered on the BlackBerry Enterprise Serv...

Use search *cdo.dll on Exchange to find it and dont forget to look at hidden files during your search. Right click and choose properties to find the version of CDO.DLL

KB05270 - How to troubleshoot one-way wireless calendar synchronization issues

KB04950 - How to reset the BlackBerry smartphone calendar application

CDO 1.2.1 from here
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=94274318-27c4-4d8d-9bc5-3e6484286b1f&Displa...

KB15779 How to install or upgrade CDO 1.2.1

KB20676 March 2010 Daylight Savings Time Update

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Thanks Knottyrope,

I have done a search and have the following files/verisons:

Exchange Mailbox Server -

excdo.dll version 8.1.240.5

BES5 Server -

cdo.dll version 6.5.8153.0

So from what I can gather, I need to ensure BES is using cdo.dll 8.1.240.5?

Thanks

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

6.5.8165.0 is the latest one availabe, I would upgrade to latest one and see if the issue persists.
excdo.dll is not the same as CDO.DLL, therefore the numbers wont match up the way you would think.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor

Thanks for the replies. I have now updated to the correct CDO.DLL and the original fault is no longer present. However, I have a number of blackberries that have the below issues when synching their calendar:

-          Entered Calendar event in Outlook on my PC and this synched with my BBy

-          Then deleted in my BBy which did not delete on the PC

-          Entered Calendar event on my BBy but this did not sync with my PC

When checking the Application logs on the BES server, I get the below error message:

(user@domain.com ) Synchronize() failed: ERR_FAIL

I have had a look around and everything is pointing at the CDO.dll issue, but this is now resolved. Are there other files I need to update?

Thanks,

Paul

Guru III
My Device:

Does teh BESadmin service account belong to any other security groups?

It should only be a domain user.