Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Developer
My Device: All
My Carrier: Vodafone

Mobile device management using BES10

Recently we started working on BES 10. Our goal is to acheive MDM for BB10 devices. After doing investigation, I came to the following conclusions. Please confirm on this.

• BES server is free of cost and they will charge for CAL for each device.
  • Can I build a product just like Airwatch or citix?. If yes, Please give suggestions how to build. If No, Please let me know the reason.
  • Next, Can't I achieve Mobile device mangement for BB10 devices without BES

Thanks in advance.

Super Contributor
My Device: Z30

Re: Mobile device management using BES10

Hi,

Answers below:

• BES server is free of cost and they will charge for CAL for each device - correct
  • Can I build a product just like Airwatch or citix?. If yes, Please give suggestions how to build. If No, Please let me know the reason - What do you mean? This is a BES 10 forum.
  • Next, Can't I achieve Mobile device mangement for BB10 devices without BES - No
Don't forget to hit like if I resolved your issue! Smiley Happy
New Developer

@fermanagh, Thanks for your reply.
Regarding my second question:- Airwatch was already releases a product MDM for BB10 devices. I came to know that Airwatch also using BES10 for Mobile device management.So, Can I build a product like that.
Super Contributor

Yes, BlackBerry opened up their API to allow Airwatch to manage BlackBerry 10 devices. However, why do you want to use a product that is alot more expensive than BES 10 in the long run?

New Developer

[ Edited ]

In these days lots of products in market for MDM just like Airwatch, citrix, IBM,SAP, mass360 etc. Our idea is to develop a such kind of product and release to market.

So, finally, If we want to develope that product, definatley, Blackberry should open the API. Right?

Super Contributor

Hi,

Yes, that's right they would need to make their API available to you and at a fee of course. Also be aware that BlackBerry has not licensed it's API to Good Technology and MobileIron.

http://mspmentor.net/mobile-device-management/052214/why-blackberry-didnt-include-emm-players-mobile...

Be prepared for a rough ride in the MDM/EMM space, it's over saturated with solutions and everyone is trying to outwit one another. You'll have a very tough time competing against the others unless you come up with something innovative!

New Developer

May I know how much fee Blackberry people charge to expose their API and what exactly the way to initiate this.
Super Contributor

Sorry, I can't help you on that one.

New Developer

Thats OK. Thank you very much for your replies.
Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

ramachandra9345 wrote:

Recently we started working on BES 10. Our goal is to acheive MDM for BB10 devices. After doing investigation, I came to the following conclusions. Please confirm on this.

• BES server is free of cost and they will charge for CAL for each device.
  • Can I build a product just like Airwatch or citix?. If yes, Please give suggestions how to build. If No, Please let me know the reason.
  • Next, Can't I achieve Mobile device mangement for BB10 devices without BES

Thanks in advance.

1 true

2 maybe but you shoul dlook in the developer section for that

3 doubt you will get all funtuionality that BES offers with a built product

please dont post dupe threads, just bump yours after a week if no responses

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V