Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Optus

New to BES with a little confusion

Hello All,

First of all thank you for reading my post and sorry if I sound like I don't know what I am talking about, because I don't.

I am setting up a local office in Australia and have been told I have to use BB. We have chosen Z30's for our fleet.

I have a head office in Europe that will host the BES server and will back charge us a licence fee.

My telco in Australia will charge me $20 per phone for the BES option.

Now for the question. Do I need to add this additional $20 for each phone if the BES is located in Europe? Will I be paying for it twice?

OR are they different licences and in fact I need both. 

Thanks

Trusted Contributor
My Device: PlayBook + Z10 + Z30

Re: New to BES with a little confusion

Hi,

what i can tell you concerning Germany is the following:

I have my own BES10 Server here. I need a BES CAL (EMM Corporate) for each device I manage from the BES Server. This license (CAL) has nothing to do with my telco.

We have a data plan at our telco for each phone. But this is a "normal" data plan that can be used with every smartphone. There is no need for a special BlackBerry Option data plan like it was in the past with BES5 and the old BlackBerrys before OS10. 

Only if i would use the BlackBerry EMM Regulated Option, wich needs another BlackBerry CAL (EMM Regulated) I would have to get a special BB Option from my telco because the traffic for the EMM Regulated is travelling over a special APN in the telco network and this has to be payed with an extra fee.

The EMM Regulated means, there is no private space on the phone. The device is completely controlled by the BES Server and the user can not install any app or do anything that is not permitted by the IT managing the policies on the BES Server.

I can not tell you how this works in Australia.