Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Not all Folders Syncing

Hey folks,

First time posting - found the forums structure a little confusing, so hopefully I'm in the right place.

We are using Exchange 2010 and BES10. My user has a Z10 activated and receiving email.

In Outlook, she has some 20-30 email folders. When she tries to see those same folders on her device, they are not there. 

On her Z10, if I go into Account Settings and into "Edit Folder Settings", I have selected to "Sync All Folders". The list of folders on that screen shows the folders she wants, but they never sync in the Hub.

For a test, I sent her an email message this afternoon. It arrived in her OWA client and was also visible on her Z10. Using OWA, we manually moved it to a folder. In a few moments the email disappeared on her Z10. Searching for the email on her Z10 does not reveal it, and the folder in which it resides is not visible on her Z10.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Scott

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Not all Folders Syncing

they wont show in hub untl you you enable them on device

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Hi Rope,

Can you clarify where you are talking about on the device? I have slected all of the folders I want to sync from the device interface, but the folders still do not show up in the Hub.

Thanks,

Scott

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

the folders wont show in hub, but new messages to those folders will show after this. you can alos access the folder using the below instructions too

go to hub, email account, tap on down arrow on upper right, select folder, hit 3 dots on menu and enable folder sync

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor

Thanks again for the info. 

The problem with the steps you just outlined is this: 

I go to the hub

I select the email account

I tap the down arrow to browse the folders, but only some of the folders show up. The folder I need is not present, and so I can not enable Folder Sync on it.

Guru III
My Device:

did you expand inbox to see more folders?

New Contributor

Yes I did. As menioned, some folder show up, but not all.

Now, this user has a large number of folders. I'm not sure on the number, but I'd say 40+ folders. Only 10-15 show up in this list on the device.

That being said, ALL folders show up if I go into the "Edit Folder Settings" in the account management section. I have selected all of the folders to sync. They just don't all show up in the Hub.