Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q5
My Carrier: EE UK

OS 10.2.1 Update - Now no proxy authentication

Hi Guys

I really need some help on this so hopefully someone can help.

In my enterprise environment I have 60 BB10 Q5 handsets, all activated using the EMM-Regulated (workspace only) activation type.

When I updated the BES a couple of weeks ago from 10.1.1 to 10.2 everything was fine, to my surprise, the update to the BES went very smoothly with no issues at all. At this point there was no update from the carrier to the handsets for OS 10.2.1 and everything was working perfectly even after the 10.2 update to the BES.

However yesterday EE UK issued the 10.2.1.537 OS update and I naively allowed the update to push through to the handsets. The result of that is now any handset which updated gets a proxy authentication error when using any app within the workspace, including the web browser when trying to access the internet (all my handsets are EMM regulated so therefore there is only workspace).

The exact issue seems to be that the proxy authentication requests aren't actually getting to my proxy server to authenticate the proxy requests from handsets on 10.2.1.537, and when a user attempts to open the workspace browser they are instantly prompted to enter proxy credentials, none of which work in any permeation.

The handsets that have not installed the 10.2.1.537 update, are still working absolutely fine, and all web traffic is sent through our proxy, authenticated and filtered perfectly. So it must be that something has changed with 10.2.1, does anybody know what it is?

I have tried resetting the device and reactivating after the 10.2.1 update but that has no effect.

Am I right in believing you also cannot rollback the OS version in BB10?

Any advice on this is greatly received.

My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: OS 10.2.1 Update - Now no proxy authentication

I opened a call through the Expert Support Center as we are experiencing this same issue as well. Their response was to close the call a couple hours later and link to a KB stating "this behavior has been previously reported issue that is being investigated by our development team. We at BlackBerry Technical Support do not have a resolution time frame available". Ummmm, if that's "expert support" I think you're in trouble...

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB35708