Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Oh no!!

OK, I'm not sure what has happened. Or if someone was playing where they should not have been but...

We are running BES 5.0 Mr3. SQL is on another box (Windows 2008, SQL 2005 sp3). There are other DB's up and running fine on that machine. When the BES services are started things go to hell. Basically SQL stops responding, and I can't even connect to it using SQL Management Studio. Kill all the BES services, and restart SQL on the other server....everything is fine...until BES is started again. I dont see much in the SQL logs as well 

I'm not much of a DB guy, but someone please help!

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Oh no!!

Start with checking permissions first.

KB02276 - Assigning permissions for a BlackBerry Enterprise Server service account

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

OK, confirmed the permissions as required. When I begin to launch the BES Services I see on the SQL box the following in the event viewer

A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the MSSQLSERVER service.

Thats when things begin to go south on the SQL server.

Thats when I start the policy service, the event log error on the BES is

NotifyDatabase: COM Error 0x80040E31 - IDispatch error #3121 - Source: Microsoft SQL Native Client - Description Query timeout expired - Command "sp_ServiceConfig

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Bell

IDispatch error #3121 basically tells us that there's a SQL connectivity issue, which would make sense given that SQL becomes unresponsive.

Are you able to start the Dispatcher at all?

If we just start the Router, Dispatcher and Controller, does the SQL server start to fail? Does it seem to help up until you start the Mailstore, Policy and Synchronization services?

Fired up the router no problem. Tried to start the dispatcher and SQL started to fail on the SQL box

Contributor

I really dont want to believe that this fixed my problem but I applied the setting as described in

support.microsoft.com/kb/918483

restarted my SQL services and have yet to have an issue. We'll see