Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Old server listed in Blackberry Domain

We recently upgraded to 5.0. The upgrade went as planned and everything is running correctly with no issues.

Our upgrade involved moving our MSDE db to a remote SQL server, and moving the Blackberry install to a new virtual server.

In our Server View under the Blackberry Domain it still shows our old server (along with our new one). This old server no longer does anything and we would like to remove it from this list.

How can this be done?

Regular Contributor

Re: Old server listed in Blackberry Domain

Not too long ago we too performed a cut-over migration and our old BES was still showing.  I believe you can remove it in SQL DB someplace.  However I don't recall the exact location/table.
Regular Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: ★

Do not know if it's applicable, this is for Domino BES. 

Article Title: Cutover results in two instances of BlackBerry Enterprise Server in BlackBerry Manager
Article Number: KB05264
Link: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB05264

My Device: 8900

I've read about that SQL script that you run as well, If you have t support, I would give them a call. If you don't have a t support let me know.

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
Contributor

The script ran but the old server is still listed in BAS. I do not currently have support.
Regular Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: ★

There should be 2 records in the ServerConfig table then since you are seeing the new and old server instances.  So try using the SQL Enterprise Manager to remove wither one or the other, it's 50-50 =)  But first backup your BESMGMT db first.  Good luck.