Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

One BES server for different countries

Hello.

I have an BES server on Venezuela and I would like to know if can I use the same server to register users on Venezuela, Panama and Taiwan or I have to put an BES server on each place in order to register each user?

Thanks and regards

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: One BES server for different countries

If your ping time is low and they are in the same excahnge org, you should be able to do this.

You will aslo need to run SQL Express or SQL for the database to ensure you have enough messaging agents for each server.

Or maybe if you dont have complex IT policies BES Express might be better for you.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

Hi thanks for response.

What means that "if my pin time is low"? All users have at the same exchange organization. Can I use the same BES server placed in Venezuela for users in differents countries?

THanks and regards.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

earevalo wrote:

Hi thanks for response.

What means that "if my pin time is low"? All users have at the same exchange organization. Can I use the same BES server placed in Venezuela for users in differents countries?

THanks and regards.

Ping your exchagne server from the BES server and if it is low, like less than 50ms. It should work.

With lots of users there might be an issue with bandwidth depending on the connection type you have.

BES is aganostic to other countries. All you need is a BES dataplan for the devices.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

Thanks for response.

I understood very well.

Regards