Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Proximus

Outlook contact subfolders are not synchronised anymore since upgrade to BES 5

Dear,

for several years, we are using different type of Blackberry phones (8707, 8800, 8310, 8100, 9000, 9700) connected to our own BES server. The BES server was until recently running on version 4.6 and for all those BB devices, we didn't have any problem reconciling over the air, the contacts out of the outlook root contact folder and his subfolders to the blackberry devices.

Since we recently upgraded to BES version 5.0.1, the reconciliation of the contacts in the contact subfolders aren't working anymore. When we drop all the contacts out of the subfolders into the main root contact folder, the contacts are correctly reconciled to the BB device.

Can someone explain me why this isn't working anymore?

I don't want to merge all the subfolders contacts (privat, business, family, friends, suppliers, ..) into the root contact folder.

thanks for yoour reply,

Koenraad

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Outlook contact subfolders are not synchronised anymore since upgrade to BES 5

are the subfolder enabled for redirection is BAS?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

My Device: Curve 8530 (BES 5.0 Admin)
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Outlook contact subfolders are not synchronised anymore since upgrade to BES 5

How/Where within BES 5.0 do you check or modify this setting?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

My Device: Curve 8530 (BES 5.0 Admin)
My Carrier: Verizon

Excellent.  I now know where to go to modify these settings.  Thank you for the quick response.  I am still unable to sync the contacts subfolders, but it is due to another error which I will now investigate.

* A general mailstore error was encountered whil attempting to retrieve the user's redirection settings.  The redirection folders will not be displayed.

Smiley Sad

My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

Excuse me but these parameter is available on each user.

Synchronize contacts folder and  his subfolders, Is it possible to change it for all users somewhere or is it necessary to change option on each user ?

Regards,

Nicolas.

My Device: Not Specified

I am also having the same problem. 

This works, but only for only one user at a time.

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/deliverables/14334/Choose_personal_contact_folders_users_can_syn...

There must be a way to set this globally.

New Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Vodafone

Good day people,

Anyone found a global setting for this yet ? Or will it be released in the near future ?

cheers,

Raymond.

---------------------------------------------
written at a blackberry forum
BES 5.0.1.58.255/260 users.SQL2005.EX2007SP1RU9
Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

I could be wrong but Im sure that the users can enable this feature themselves on their blackberry's. if you go to the messages folder and then click on the blackberry button and go to the options, there should be folder redirection in that list. If they choose that option it should give them a list of subfolders fromt their email client and they can check or uncheck which folders they want to enable or disable for synchronization.

New Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Vodafone

Good day Awstheme and thank you for your reply.

the solution described is indeed a solution for a Blackberry user to add folders for synchronization. It does not apply to contact folders though.

The thing is: in previous BES it was by default that all contacts in contact folders located under the root Contacts folder are synchronized.

Now, in BES5.x, synchronization of subfolders of the default Contacts folder is optional. This is done "to help manage network resources".

Users can access their personal BB Web page at the 5.x server they reside on to adjust the settings per contacts folder. A Blackberry user admin can change these settings as well per user. Since we do not allow the users to go to that personal page for various reasons I will not explain and because managing these contact folders by a Blackberry user admin can be quite time consuming, I asked whether there is a global setting for this.

cheers,

R.

---------------------------------------------
written at a blackberry forum
BES 5.0.1.58.255/260 users.SQL2005.EX2007SP1RU9