Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Bellus

PIN lookup or stored in Addressbook not working on Q10?

Hi there,

Having an issue with viewing a contact's "PIN" field in the addressbook, or performing a "Lookup" on BES 10 on Exchange 2010.

1)  Q10 on strictly Activesync, synchronized addressbook entries do not show PIN field where it is supposed to. (eg: PIN field was populated on a BB7 device that has been synchronized with Outlook's address book).

Called BB support and they said I need BES 10, so installed that but:

2)  Still no PIN field for contact entries that are suppose to have their PIN field populated.  Doing a "lookup" of users who are on the same BES10 does not show PIN in the PIN Field either.

Thoughts?

TIA!

BlackBerry Employee
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: PIN lookup or stored in Addressbook not working on Q10?

GAL lookups are using the ActiveSync protocol to pull information from Active Directory.   There is no way to configure ActiveSync to return additional fields so there is currently no way to pull the PIN number when doing a lookup.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Bellus

Re: PIN lookup or stored in Addressbook not working on Q10?

Thanks BD for the note.

OK, so "Lookup" on the GAL won't work, but how about previous PIN entries in contacts within my personal Addressbook that was synced?  Shouldn't those show up?