Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: Telcel

Problem activating 8900 OS 4.6 in BES 5.0.3

Hello everyone!

I have this problem with some Javelins 8900 that i can't remotely activate. All of my devices have OS 4.6.1.152 and it does get through the password validation, but then when it starts receiving service books it gets stuck on 24% for about 3 to 5 hours, until it finally fails.

I have BES 5.0.3 installed just a couple of months ago, migrated from 5.0.0.3.

Could it be a problem with the model, the OS version or maybe something else????

Thank you so much in advance!!!

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet
My Carrier: ****

Re: Problem activating 8900 OS 4.6 in BES 5.0.3

I would like to verify if the device is well provisioned by the carrier. Also verify if the ETP.DAT email message is arriving to the user's Inbox.

If the ETP email message is received use: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB28414

If the ETP email message is not received use: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB14812

Question: Are you using Microsoft Exchange Server as the Mail Platform?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I dont think it is a dataplan issue as he can activate it.

OS 4.6 is old and the 8900 does support OS 5. I do have a few os 4.6 devices that activate fine.

I would look at the MAGT log for any errors

default location :\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerryEnterprise Server\Logs

Also look in event veiwer to seef if any errors or warnings pertain to your issue

Please post back the log info minus personal info

to isolate an affected user on a static messaging agent , then look for the MAGT log for that agent (while trying to send/receive messages). The format you'll be looking for is:

BESName_MAGT_##_yyyymmdd_####.txt

Where the first pair of digits are the Agent ID you set.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: Telcel

Ok so I installed OS 5 in one of the Javelins and it did activated succesfully! I haven't had the chance to try once again an activation for one with OS 4.6 and check the logs, hopefully i will do so in a couple of days to upload and give feedback.

For now thank you knottyrope. Smiley Happy

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

your welcome and let us know when you try it on OS 4.6 again

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V