Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Rogers

Problem receiving email on Z10 with BES10.1 with Exchange 2010

I recently setup a BES10.1 on a Windows 2008 R2 and I have Exchange 2010 running on the same domain with ActiveSync Enabled.

I am using trial license and I have until end of Aug to purchase the CAL from Blackberry.

Everything works great except after I deployed 7 phones (mix of Z10 and Q10), I encountered a problem with one of the phone/account.

All other 6 phones have no problem sending/receiving/syncing with Exchange, but this particular account/phone will stop receiving email about an hour after the account is activated with BES10.1.

I could see this phone from BlackBerry Management Studio. I could delete and re-send IT policy to this phone no problem, but it will just stop receiving email after about an hour or so.

When this happens, it has no problem sending out email and the phone is fully functional (text, call, gmail). Sending IT policy actually works after it stop receiving emails as I have 2 set of IT policy and I can tell it is still receiving change of policy after stop getting email.  

I have access to log files, especially the "BES10_DISP_01_%date%_001.txt but other than seeing this particular account is indeed communicating with BES10.1, I am not sure what else I should look for. 

-I have re-activate this email account on 2nd Z10 to rule out the problem with phone.

-I have request user to clean up mail box on Exchange server to make sure mailbox is not the problem. In fact, 2 other users has bigger mailbox size than this account has no problem receiving mail. 

-Ihavere-activatethisaccountabout4~5times before and after cleaning up mailbox.

I called up phone carrier support (Telus) and my response was to change the SIM card and try again. I am in the process of doing this but want to seek other possible solution. 

Anyone has idea on what else I can try? Thanks in advance for any help. 

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Problem receiving email on Z10 with BES10.1 with Exchange 2010

Good day

Welcome to BB forums

I just want to let you know you should remove your phone # from your profile to do so click on "My Settings" then go to "Personal Information" scroll down you will see Carrier remove your # and add your carrier name instead !

Thanks. Done.
Contributor

Finally found a solution to this with helps from RIM support and hope this will help someone else in the future. 

When this particular user is on ActiveSync, it will work if Sync Period is set to 14 days. 

By default the BES Email Policy has ActiveSync to Exchange server for 30 days. 

Simply create a new Emaill profile and set the Sync Period to 14 days and the problem went away. 

Strange part is all of my users are on default 30 days without any problem but this user will not work if setting is on 30 days. 

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10 STL100-2
My Carrier: MY_MAXIS

if the user still want to sync for 30 or forever items how? there is solution but the answer is not realible. other user can sync 30days or forever without any problem.is it because of the device problem that we need to reload software and do the activation again? which z10 model did you face the problem? my user is using STL100-1.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

hexerror wrote:

if the user still want to sync for 30 or forever items how? there is solution but the answer is not realible. other user can sync 30days or forever without any problem.is it because of the device problem that we need to reload software and do the activation again? which z10 model did you face the problem? my user is using STL100-1.

usually the more emails in the inbox the more sync issues can happen

Also it can be depend on your mail servers performance as well

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

Most of my users are ok with settings on 30 days sync except this one user.

It has nothing to do with phone since I tested with 3 different phones and 2 different SIM card with same email account.

I have 2 email policies on my BES10.1. 1 with default (30days) and 1 with 14 days.

There are users on 30 days policy has bigger mail box (8GB) over this particular user on 14 days (4GB) which does not make sense. However, 14 days does not mean the mail on Z10 only goes back 14 days. Thats the period of time mail box constantly sync with server. If you wish to see mails past 14 days, you can simply scroll past 14 days and it will just continue to retrive it from the server from what I understand.

Both iPhone and Android I tried has default ActiveSync on 7 days only.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10 STL100-2
My Carrier: MY_MAXIS

How to justify if his ipad (activesync) working well and no limit AKA no limit setting.