Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: Plus

Problem with Android/iOS activation

I have two BES10 servers - one in LAN (all BES10 services) and second in DMZ (BES10 router only). DMZ server has two IP addresses, one - internal, and second - public, for access from the Internet.

My network configuration:

- port 3101 between LAN and DMZ server is open

- port 3101 from LAN server to the Internet is open (I'm not sure it's necessary, but it's open)

- port 3101 from DMZ server from the Internet and to the Internet is open

- port 3101 from DMZ server to LAN server is open

My BES10 configuration:

- BES10 BlackBerry Device Service (LAN servers): BlackBerry Solution Topology->BlackBerry Domain->Component view->BlackBerry Device Service->MyBBDomain: SRP addresses: 'DMZ server internal IP' and Port override: 3101 (according to page 39 of http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/deliverables/48992/BlackBerry_Device_Service_6.2_Installation_an... , with one exception, I use IP address instead of FQDN because server in DMZ doesn't have any).

- on BES10 Router (DMZ server): in registry: HKLM->Software->Wow6432Node->Research In Motion->BlackBerry Enterprise Service->Router:

AllowRemoteServices=1

NetworkAccessNode=srp.na.blackberry.net (it is independent from the country?)

ServicePort=3101

TcpPort=3101

- on BES10 Router (DMZ server) in BES Configuration Tool in 'BlackBerry Router' I have: 'SRP address: srp.na.blackberry.net', 'SRP port (outgoing): 3101', 'BlackBerry Dispatcher port (incoming): 3101'.

And now, I have few questions:

- which server address should I enter during activation iOS/Andorid device? My DMZ server public IP? Any of Blackberry Infrastructure address? Default address in activation mail is 'pl.bbsecure.com' - it is correct?

- how BES10 Router can communicate with BES10 LAN server? The is no configuration on BES10 Router to show BES10 LAN server IP?

- how exactly works activation process? Few days ago I found nice animation of activation process on BB official site, but I can't do it again.

Contributor
My Device: Passport + Z10
My Carrier: Tim

Re: Problem with Android/iOS activation

Hello jeeremy,

the activation address you have to put into IOS/Android devices is something similar to "pl.bbsecure.com/<yourSRPid>" where "yourSRPid" is the key you used during  BES 10 setup.

You don't need to publish anything on your infrastructure (that's good) BES 10 simply need https http and SRP access.

I have 2 server (BES 10.1 and DB) and all is working fine simply giving access to the required ports to the BES 10 server.

The activation process may be different, you can choose to use the A.D. credentials or to generate one time password (this password is asked during registration process).

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

BlackBerry Device Service does not serve iOS/Android devices.  These devices run through Universal Device Service.

Are you on BES 10 or BES 10 v10.1???  The latter was released just a few weeks ago.

New Contributor

It's 10.1

New Contributor

My question is: server address for activation (with /S-number) - it should be a server in my infrastructure? I mean it's should be the public IP of my server with BES10 Router service in DMZ? 

Contributor

no, the first part is pl.bbsecure.com followed by  /S-number 

As said before you don't need to publish your resources, It's all done via Blackberry infrastructure.

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

The server before .bbsecure.com is location dependent. For example, mine is us.bbsecure.com/SRP#

Send a device activation email to yourself from the UDS console and follow the instructions, works like a charm Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Contributor

Yes correct,

mine for example is "it.bbsecure.com".

Will be perfect if secure work space were available also on UDS clients.

I'm trying to "sell" BES 10 as MDM for IOS devices for my company and this is a very big feature...