06-06-2013 05:35 AM
I have two BES10 servers - one in LAN (all BES10 services) and second in DMZ (BES10 router only). DMZ server has two IP addresses, one - internal, and second - public, for access from the Internet.
My network configuration:
- port 3101 between LAN and DMZ server is open
- port 3101 from LAN server to the Internet is open (I'm not sure it's necessary, but it's open)
- port 3101 from DMZ server from the Internet and to the Internet is open
- port 3101 from DMZ server to LAN server is open
My BES10 configuration:
- BES10 BlackBerry Device Service (LAN servers): BlackBerry Solution Topology->BlackBerry Domain->Component view->BlackBerry Device Service->MyBBDomain: SRP addresses: 'DMZ server internal IP' and Port override: 3101 (according to page 39 of http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/deliverables/4
- on BES10 Router (DMZ server): in registry: HKLM->Software->Wow6432Node->Research In Motion->BlackBerry Enterprise Service->Router:
NetworkAccessNode=srp.na.blackberry.net (it is independent from the country?)
- on BES10 Router (DMZ server) in BES Configuration Tool in 'BlackBerry Router' I have: 'SRP address: srp.na.blackberry.net', 'SRP port (outgoing): 3101', 'BlackBerry Dispatcher port (incoming): 3101'.
And now, I have few questions:
- which server address should I enter during activation iOS/Andorid device? My DMZ server public IP? Any of Blackberry Infrastructure address? Default address in activation mail is 'pl.bbsecure.com' - it is correct?
- how BES10 Router can communicate with BES10 LAN server? The is no configuration on BES10 Router to show BES10 LAN server IP?
- how exactly works activation process? Few days ago I found nice animation of activation process on BB official site, but I can't do it again.
06-06-2013 05:55 AM
the activation address you have to put into IOS/Android devices is something similar to "pl.bbsecure.com/<yourSRPid>" where "yourSRPid" is the key you used during BES 10 setup.
You don't need to publish anything on your infrastructure (that's good) BES 10 simply need https http and SRP access.
I have 2 server (BES 10.1 and DB) and all is working fine simply giving access to the required ports to the BES 10 server.
The activation process may be different, you can choose to use the A.D. credentials or to generate one time password (this password is asked during registration process).
06-06-2013 08:52 AM
BlackBerry Device Service does not serve iOS/Android devices. These devices run through Universal Device Service.
Are you on BES 10 or BES 10 v10.1??? The latter was released just a few weeks ago.
06-06-2013 09:44 AM
My question is: server address for activation (with /S-number) - it should be a server in my infrastructure? I mean it's should be the public IP of my server with BES10 Router service in DMZ?
06-06-2013 10:33 AM
06-06-2013 11:27 AM
mine for example is "it.bbsecure.com".
Will be perfect if secure work space were available also on UDS clients.
I'm trying to "sell" BES 10 as MDM for IOS devices for my company and this is a very big feature...