Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telekom

Problems connecting to Universal Device Service

Hello,

we are currently testing BES10 in our company because we have the first BB10 devices.

I installed everything on one single server and almost everythin works fine. The Management and the BB Device Service works without problem and i also connected BB Devices without problems.

I also installed the UDS correct and the Admin Login can accessed without problems. I can create users and all IIS pages are working.

But when i want to connect a iphone i get the error 503 Service not available

also when I try to reach the site directy from internal network with https://servername:443 I get error 500, Page can not be displayed. From external i get the same error like on the phone 503 Service not available.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Regards

Michael

Regular Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: TMUK

Re: Problems connecting to Universal Device Service

Hi Michael,

I don't think it's recommended that you install all BES 10 services on a single machine since the UDS and BDS components may utilise some of the same ports as each other.

I'm pretty sure the BDS uses 443 for it's administration service (The BAS) and to register activation information with Blackberry's infrastructure, but the UDS needs 443 for the Communication module to accept inbound connections from devices (The part you seem to be having trouble with).

The UDS installation guide shows a list of ports needed for individual components to run: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/deliverables/48992/BlackBerry_Device_Service_6.2_Installation_an...

The root cause may be something else, but I'd start with the availability of port 443...

Also, you cna get some log information from C:\Program Files (X86)\Research In Motion\Universal Device Service\Logs\Comm (By default) but I'm not sure how useful they'll be...

Hope this helps.

Regular Contributor

New Contributor

Hello,
thanks for the fast reply. I followed the Installation Guide for installing the components on the same machine. I also checked the ports once again and they look fine. I go on and check the logs.
Thanks
New Contributor

This was the guide i followed to set the right ports during installation
Regular Contributor

Is the UDS.CommunicationModule application pool started within IIS?

I'm thinking about your Page Cannot Be Displayed error. When I access our UDS over 443 on a browser, I get to an IIS page (Albeit with a 500 error, but I still get to IIS and I'm assuming it's normal).

New Contributor

The application pool is started.