Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9900
Accepted Solution

Public Folder Contact List

Does Public Folder Contact List exist in BES10? We are currently using this feature extensively on our existing BES5 server (with Exchange 2007).

If not, how is everyone else pushing their corporate phone list to BB10 users?

Thanks!

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB
My Carrier: .

Re: Public Folder Contact List

ActiveSync does not support Public Folders, so BB10/BES10 does not.
You can use GAL Lookups to find people mailaddress/phonenumber from AD. Otherwise you could sync that info with some 3rd Party to the users outlook contact list. But depends on the company size (entries in GAL at all) if this is good idea.
------------------------------
Find more information about Enterprise Mobility Management at EMMAdmin.com
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

we use Codetwo

http://www.codetwo.com/exchange-folder-sync/

it works great and end headaches for us with sync of folders

or

I never liked the GAL for that.

This is what we do.

Not the best solution but it works very well offline outlook, BB smart phones and EAS

This also teaches the user how to better manage their contacts via categories.

Also we have outlook do lookups in the personell list (copy to favorites and enable address book) and not use GAL.
HR can manage it easier from a public folder too as an added bonus.

How users update:
go to contacts
View arrange by category
Delete catagory personnel list

Goto public folders/personnel list
highlight first user
press ctrl a
Drag drop into contact folder

is this easy enough?

All of our users do it this way for the last 3 years. Also since we are on outlook 2003 we even use Outlook PCS to sync them with one click.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

My Device: 9900, z10 Q10
My Carrier: AT&T

Have you guys seen duplicate contacts issues when you use codetwo with BDS10 on Exhange 2010?

we have used codetwo on other activesync devices and they work very well in the past 2 yrs but when we cut over BES5 to a new setup of BD10.1 we noticed a lot of users have been complaining that they are getting duplicates+ on the Z10 and Q10s.  Blackberry said they have not seen this problem before.

We have verfied that Activsync and is working properly on other non Blackberry devices by clearing out all the contacts and the devices register properly but the BB10 are take a while to clear and update.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I have seen it after a mailbox move from 2003 to 2010. Code Two thinks they are different contacts as they reside on a diff server.

I just tell people to delete all the contacts in the synced folder and they will repopulate after.
 Some I had to do manually as they had them mixed in another folder.

We use a catagory called perssonell List so I am able to sort that way and safely delete the ones we sync.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

is there any option for Lotus Notes/Domino environments?