Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: No BB
My Carrier: AT&T

Re-Trust ing an "Untrusted" device in UDS?

Currently testing out Mobile Fusion and was playing around with the Compliance Settings and have a question.

If a Compliance Setting takes the action of untrusting a device after some notifications, is it possible to later re-trust the device?  Does something special need to be done?

What I have done:

1. Activated a rooted device
  2. Set Compliance Settings to Notify and then Untrust rooted devices
  3. Rooted device was notified and then untrusted
  4. Changed Compliance Settings to None instead of Untrust

The device was still untrusted as shown in the device's report in the Admin Console.  I guess I was expecting the device to become trusted again, despite it still being rooted, because the Compliance Setting had changed.  In order to get the device trusted again, I had to deactivate it and reactivate it.

What is the normal/expected behavior in this case?

Contributor
My Device: No BB
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Re-Trust ing an "Untrusted" device in UDS?

Got UDS to set the device as activated from untrusted.

Had to entirely remove the Compliance setting for root/jailbroken devices, not just change the action associated with the setting.

After that, the device was marked as being activated.   Not that the device still shows as having a violation because of root/jailbroken detection, but is no longer listed as inactive in the device report.