Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

SWS: Work Space not created - Pending Updates

[ Edited ]

I want to setup a test environment of Secure Work Space, but if I try to start Work Connect on iOS or Android the following error message occurs:

"Work space required ... contact your administrator"

The BES10 client itself shows no error, but: Work Space Status - Pending Updates on UDS tells ongoing "User create" and so on. UDS seems not to be able to communicate with the corresponding Work Space service (by OpenPeak?). In my case this is not a firewall problem.

Are there any troubleshooting procedures known? BlackBerries documentation seems to be very helpful in this whole area.

P.S.: I should add, that the APNs Certificate Status is "Installed", but it's Connection Status is "Failed". This should not have any impact on he Work Space initialisation (in my understanding), but I want to have it mentioned. I did not find any information, what may have gone wrong and how the connection status may be corrected.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Q10, Bold 9900

Re: SWS: Work Space not created - Pending Updates

Hello pmeuser,

Thank you for your question regarding Secure Work Space being not created.

Just to confirm you already added your Secure Work Space Client Access License in BlackBerry Management Studio? 

Is the Work Space Policy applied to the user?

Let me know if you have any other questions.

- LW

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

As for the APN Cert issue: make sure you grant "Everyone" read rights to the cert.
In the Certificates (Local Computer) in MMC, right click the Apple cert you installed, All Tasks -> Manage Private Keys.  You may have to add "Everyone" and then set it for read access (it does not need, nor should have, Full Control)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, Work Space Policy and SWS licenses are applied.

Contributor

The APNs issue is gone - this was the right clue, but still no Workplace for the device.