Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10, Secure Workspace on IOS/Anroid
My Carrier: a1

Secure Work Space - Push notification

Hi,

I have questions regarding Secure Work Space and need your help. My Environment: BES 10.1.1 on Windows Server 2012, Exchange 2010 SP2, Iphone 5/IOS 6.1.4.

The synchronization of Mail/Calendar/Contact data is working in the Secure Work Space, but the push notification does not. I am not able to receive notifications for new emails, when the app is in “background” (closed).

Is it possible to share the Secure Work Space contacts with the device contact app in IOS?

Thanks, guntoi

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: EE

Re: Secure Work Space - Push notification

I also have the same issue with the Push notifications, everything else is working once you log in.

I think this may be affecting my Android activations too, i can activate the device and the secured workspace, but i canot get my mail profile to connect successfully

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I'm not seeing notifications either on iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.4

Based on the information that's on page 31 of the following document, the APNs should be updating the device on a normal basis.

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/deliverables/54275/BES10_v10.1.1_Architecture_and_Data_Flows_QR_...

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: TMO DE

same problem.

the configuration guide is very poor/bad.

there are only 2 information, how to configure this feature.

in configuration guide on site 120 we can find the following lines:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/deliverables/53637/BES10_v10.1.1_Config_Guide_en.pdf

• Basic authentication enabled on Microsoft Exchange
  • Microsoft Exchange account with the ms-Exch-EPI-Impersonation permission to allow Microsoft Exchange

Impersonation of all users on the Microsoft Exchange Server so that BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 can request and receive notifications from the Microsoft Exchange Server when new or updated items are available in a user's mailbox

For iOS devices,an SSL connection between the Microsoft Exchange Server and BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10. See (Configure an SSL connection between the Microsoft Exchange Server and BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10)

so, i did the following steps in my environment:

on exchange 2010 i set the ms-Exch-EPI-Impersonation

• New-ManagementRoleAssignment -Name:BES10-Impersonation -Role:ApplicationImpersonation -User:BESAdmin

(with besadmin i installed the bes10 and the services are running under this account)

•  on exchange 2010 in the iis, i have enabled basic authentication for the virtual directory EWS
  •  in the UDS Management Console under Settings -> Active Sync Configurations i have enabled "Use Exchange Web Services to monitor notifications (for iOS devices with work space enabled)" and insert the url to my EWS (https://exchangeservername.domain.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx) and the username "domain\besadmin" +PW -> connection test was successful with these information
  •  export the uds root ca certificate from bes 10 and import the certificate on the exchange
  •  restart the blackberry work connect notification service on bes 10

can you try these steps ?

i did all these steps, but with no success. blackberry - please give us a full documentation about this feature.

thank you and good luck

berryav

New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10, Secure Workspace on IOS/Anroid
My Carrier: a1

Hi,

thank you all for your answers.

@berryav - I have also configured all the steps you described except the step with ActiveSync (Gatekeeper) configuration, but with or without the “Use Exchange Web Services…” it´s not working.

After tracing the traffic between Exchange and BES I found that after closing the Secure Work Space App (SWS) on the iPhone, the BES is closing the established connection with Exchange on Port 443. When opening the SWS again, a new connection is established and new and changed items are synchronizing as long as the SWS is running in foreground. After closing the connection between Exchange and BES, how can Exchange notify the BES (Work Connect Service?) for changed/new items to sync?

Contributor
My Device: BES 5
My Carrier: Rogers

I also have the same issue, no push notifications...

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: SingTel

[ Edited ]

I am also experiencing this issue.

We are using Exchange 2010, and have configured the impersonation permissions etc. There was a new Work Connect client release today however it did not have any effect.

Looking forward to finding out the answer to this.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BBz10
My Carrier: TELUS

I have the same problem, Exchange 2010 SP2 and followed the instructions exactly. However the sync of email is either really slow or does not work at all after intial sync on the device.

IPhone 4s updated OS or Ipad 2 updated OS

I have opened a ticket with support but they have been really slow on responses lately.

Super Contributor

Same issue here, configured as mentioned above (no thanks to the documentation) and Push notifications aren't working with the Secure Work Space.

BlackBerry really needs to get their act together regarding documentation. The docs for setting up Secure Work Space and the other changes in 10.1.1 are utterly pathetic. It would be a miracle if anyone got things working properly.
----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
Super Contributor

I took at look at the logs for the RIM.BUDS.BWCN service (the Work Connect Notification Service), and there are a couple of errors that suggest it's not authenticating correctly, despite the fact that the authentication check in the UDS console succeeds.

In the asg.log file, you'll see a bunch of web service startup info, followed by something like the following:

[localhost-startStop-1] INFO : ASGStartupServlet:44 - ASG starting
[localhost-startStop-1] INFO : ASGStartupServlet:58 - ASGStartUpService found as com.openpeak.asg.ews.service.bb.impl.EwsStartUpServiceImpl
[localhost-startStop-1] ERROR: EwsStartUpServiceImpl:117 - Failed to check in to /asg/v1/CheckIn with nodeKey <18 digit number>
[localhost-startStop-1] INFO : ASGStartupServlet:60 - ASG started
[schedulerFactory_Worker-2] INFO : EwsScheduleServiceImpl:141 - staring running polling email registrations from Adam server...
[schedulerFactory_Worker-2] INFO : AuthChallengeProcessor:101 - NTLM authentication scheme selected
[schedulerFactory_Worker-2] INFO : HttpMethodDirector:722 - Failure authenticating with NTLM <any realm>@server.mydomain.com:443
[schedulerFactory_Worker-2] ERROR: EwsEmailNotificationDaoImpl:335 - Connection not established

After this there are repeated blocks of error text indicating that the EWS connection is not established, and it is unable to subscribe for notifications.

If I log the EWS traffic on the CAS server, the only connection attempts I see from the BES10 server are:

POST /ews/exchange.asmx - 443 - 172.27.11.35 ExchangeServicesClient/0.0.0.0 401 0 0 31
POST /ews/exchange.asmx - 443 - 172.27.11.35 ExchangeServicesClient/0.0.0.0 401 1 2148074254 15
POST /ews/exchange.asmx - 443 - 172.27.11.35 ExchangeServicesClient/0.0.0.0 401 1 2148074252 249

So, it looks like they are attempting NTML authentication and failing, so you can't connect to use Push notifications. This despite the fact that the BESAdmin user has impersonation rights and is setup with security permission to the EWS virtual directory, etc.

Do these guys even test their code before they ship it? Jeez.

----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a