Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 STL100-3

Re: Secure Work Space - Push notification

@squishmike

http://us.blackberry.com/support/apps-and-software/enterprise-server-compatibility.html#/h:/support/...

Essentially... Exchange 2003 is not part of the compatibility matrix and BlackBerry 10 is not designed to work with it.  You will want to stick with Pre-10 and BES 5 devices or upgrade your Exchange environment.

Mark
Systems Analyst
---
BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0.4 (Bundle 100)
BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.1.1
Microsoft Exchange 2013

Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Telus

Hmm, that's odd, in the Blackberry Device Service Installation and Configuration Guide that I downloaded when I first installed BES10.0, it specifically indicated that Exchange 2003 with Active Sync was supported. Now in 10.1 it's no longer supported, even though we have perfectly working Z10/Q10s devices deployed? Sigh.

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 STL100-3

[ Edited ]

Keep in mind that the big deal with 10.1.1 was "Android/iOS" updates.  Your Z10/Q10 will likely work and continue to work as well as Android/iOS configured over ActiveSync, but to use Secure Work Space and its benefits require Gateway and EWS Scraping to function properly.  Smiley Sad

To be honest, we've hated iOS on BES to this moment and I don't hold much hope for Androids that we'll be activating next week.  The EWS scraping is specifically for iOS devices.

Though my Z10 still runs awesome and my iOS/Android colleagues are a bit jealous!

Mark
Systems Analyst
---
BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0.4 (Bundle 100)
BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.1.1
Microsoft Exchange 2013

New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Hi everyone,

I struggled with these problems, too.

But with your help I could fix the most except the fact that the notifications are still not working.

In the asg log I get nothing except this line (no errors and no different notes):

INFO : EwsScheduleServiceImpl:141 - staring running polling email registrations from Adam server...

every two minutes.

I really don't know what I have to do. In the WWW I can't find anything but this thread.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hi all,

Today I discovered a new bug. I probably happens rarely, but I will share my findings anyway.

If the NetBIOS domain name contains a "." (I know - weird, but possible and allowed) like "abc.dom" the test in the GUI works, but looking at the asg.log and IIS logs reveals the NTLM authentication fails (see some of the previous posts).

Workaround: Use UPN login instead.

Example:

Fails: abc.dom\impersonation  (<- abc.com is the NetBIOS domain name).

Works: impersonation@abc.net (<- abc.net is the DNS domain name)

Maybe other strange NetBIOS names causes the same - I have not bothered setting up new test environments. E.g. abc_dom, abc-dom could be a problem too - let us know if you encounter issues.

I will report to BlackBerry and try to have a fix implemented.

Contributor
My Device: BES10 on 10.2
My Carrier: O2

I am having trouble getting push notifications working for iOS. I have  self signed cert on EWS and UDS, could this be the cause?

New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10, Secure Workspace on IOS/Anroid
My Carrier: a1

Hi moneymate,

you have to import your root/subordinate certs to the java cacerts keystore on the BB10-Server.

Use the follwowing example in a command-line (run as admin, change country/language/path to cacerts/filename as required):

java -Duser.country=DE -Duser.language=de sun.security.tools.KeyTool -importcert -v -alias "rootCA" -keystore "C:\Program files\Java\jre1.7.0_21\lib\security\cacerts" -trustcacerts -file c:\yourcertname.cer

Default password for the java Keystore: changeit

Restart Notification-Service...

Hope this helps, best regards guntoi

Contributor

That looks like the fix alright, as I have this in my asg.log:

EwsScheduleServiceImpl:114 - Unable to subscribe for notification of {}

Still the same error after importing my self signed exchange cert. Was that the correct cert to import in the cacerts keystore?

Or where do I import the root/subordinate certs from?

New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10, Secure Workspace on IOS/Anroid
My Carrier: a1

Hello,

open your self-signed ews certificate, go to "Certificate Path", export the certificate on the top of the list (as DER .cer file) and import this certificate in the java cacerts-keystore.

Best regards, guntoi

Contributor

[ Edited ]

OK I replaced the self signed cert with a Godaddy one on Exchange. And the required Godaddy root CA is in my trusted CAs on the BES server.

I still get the same error in the asg.log though