01-24-2014 10:30 AM
I have an issue with syncing email in the secure work space on android device running 4.2.2. I have activated the phone to the UDS but when setting up the email profile it staying on the screen waiting for sync, your email will appear soon. I can access my company intranet using the secure browser so I know it is connected
I have got this working on an iOS device perfectly fine.
I have tried taking the SSL tick box out same issue. So put it back as the iPhone work with that setup.
Any help massively appreciated.
02-14-2014 01:59 PM
02-14-2014 02:02 PM
I would be very interested to know what you find out. I've been deploying BB10 and iPhone/iPad devices with no problems but my first attempt with an Android (Galaxy S3.. or maybe S4?) has proven unsuccessful.
I see the device communicate with the BES10 server but like you the "syncing email" and animated circle just spins and spins.
I'm about to get the user's phone and attempt to use my work account to ensure it's not anything on our Exchange server or Active Directory for that user just in case.
02-18-2014 11:26 AM - edited 02-18-2014 11:37 AM
Same problem for me. I am using an Xperia M. I can use the work browser to connect to intranet sites, and the activation seemed to go through ok. I was asked for my password to setup the email account and it was accepted. But email won't sync. Note that I have an activesync prodile applied and this works flawlessly with 4-5 iphones here.
I tried this back about 6 months ago with the same phone and it was the same problem then.
Iphones seem to work better with BES10.
02-18-2014 12:03 PM
Just as an update, one user has a Galaxy Note 3 and it didn't work for her with symptoms similar to what moneymate reported. Another user with a regular Galaxy 3 worked fine on syncing.
On the Galaxy Note 3 I even went so far as to setup my user profile on her phone since I know my account works on my Z10. I did this in case it was an issue on Exchange but this did not make a difference for her.
02-20-2014 12:31 PM
Yes to both self-signed certs.
Here's the thing too. On Tuesday I spoke with the user again. She stated she "fooled around" with her phone over the weekend (power user) and after removing her name from BES and going through the setup again, everything worked and she's getting her information now, including emails.
So for now all I can do is chalk this up to some setting or settings that were wrong on her phone preventing BES from working for some reason.