Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: BES Enterprise
My Carrier: Telstra

Server Prerequisites BES 5.0 SP1

Hi I’m upgrading to BES 5.0 SP1 on windows 2008 (new BES server and Domain).

The documentation requirements state: if using Windows Server 2008, to support audio attachments, Windows Media® Format SDK (for more information, visit support.microsoft.com to read article 972098).

However the article is no longer available from MS and I cannot locate the download.

Is this a requirement on Windows 2008 R2 and where do I get it from?

Thanks

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Server Prerequisites BES 5.0 SP1

i would use SP3 installer as it contains many fixes and i dont think R2 is supported with SP1

dont know why Microsoft pulled the KB

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Install of R3 requires 4.1 SP 7 I have SP6 and an outage is not desired at this time to apply the patch.

2008 R2 is listed in the Upgrade Guide for SP1 as supported

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

SP7 is like a 20 minute update, but I dont know how to help with an SDK that is almost 3 years old now either.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Highlighted
New Contributor

Agreed but when it is not an option it simply is not an option.

I will rasie a support case and ask the question and post back regarding the SDK.

I also found detail on it for 2008 as part of the WIN7/2008 R2 SDK, but as it is not specifically mentioned for 2008 R2 I can only imagine it is no longer required. All things being equal I bet it really is Smiley Indifferent