Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Swisscom

Setting up Work Space on iOS

Good Morning,

I currently have a problem with an iPhone I want to connect to my BB Infrastructure.

I installed the Secure Work Space license, created the profile for it, linked the Exchange profile and assigned it to my iPhone user.

Activation on my iPhone is successful, I start the Work Space app on the phone, it asks as first setup the mail configuration, I set it, confirm and after a few seconds it says "unable to verify account settings".

I followed the KB on "KB34664-How to configure new email notifications for Secure Work Space on iOS devices" to set it up and didn't had any issue with this...

Do I have to setup Activesync gatekeeping to use this ?

We are running Exchange, Bes10.1.1, exchange is not published.

Thanks a lot,

Johann

Contributor

Re: Setting up Work Space on iOS

Up?

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Do you have active sync enabled for your exchange mail account?

Is a firewall between BES and exchange?

Were the certificates correctly inserted?

The Active Sync profile in the UDS is only needed if you want to connect it directly to a publiched exchange. For work connect this is not needed.

Contributor

Active Sync is enabled, there is no firewall between BES and Exchange, and yes i did export the certificates from bes to exchange.

By active Sync profile, you mean gatekeeping or ..?

New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

[ Edited ]

I mean the active Sync Profile under Profiles which can be assigned to users/groups.

Gatekeeping and exchange web monitoring is only for the notifications and not really needed for a "working" work connect

Contributor

But when i start Secure Work Space, it asks for an email account. If i don't set an active sync profile, i've to set it manually on the device