Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telekom

Shared Contact(s)-folders?

Hi.

At the moment we are using a BESX Server and public folders to share contacts, which are used by many users in Outlook2010 and on ther BB-Devices.

We want to upgrade to BES 10.

Does BES 10 support any possibilities to share contacts like public folder or something similiar?

How can we realise the sharing of contacts in BES 10? We dont use any CRM System or Sharepoint.

Thanks.

Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Shared Contact(s)-folders?

[ Edited ]

Hi tieffechter,

because ActiveSync does not support the old fashioned PublicFolder this option will not work.

At the moment you can not add a second Email profile to the work perimeter so the only solution i see is to move all the shared contacts to a shared mailbox and add this one as an additional ActiveSync account to the private perimeter.

You can turn off mail, calender etc. in the account settings, so only contacts will be synchronised.
It's a very bad workaround leaving the whole "Work-Security" behind and the user must add the account manual 

As I can see, BlackBerry will add the posibility to apply multiple Email profiles to an account, because the GUI for profile assignment in BES10 looks like this will be possible. 

Another solution could be to add the contacts to an internal webapplication. This is accesible through the work Browser / MDS. :-)

Regards,
BackBone2k

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telekom

Hi BackBone2k,

thanks for your post. So I have to wait till BB will offer acceptable solutions for contactmanagement. Iam a little bit disappointed and I cannot understand why BES now uses ActiveSync.

At the moment I prefer the second Mail-Account the way you described.

Thanks alot.

Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

i use this to sync folders for anything

http://www.codetwo.com/exchange-folder-sync/synchronization-of-android-iphone-blackberry/

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V