Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: VF DE

Sync Public Address book to Z10/Q10 (LN Traveler)

Hello,

we just introduced the new devices to our company using BES 10 with LN Traveler.

And beside other big problems like battery is empty in about 3 hours and no sync of private contacts, we are having problems to "sell" the colleagues the new devices if there is no possibility to show the caller id with name of an internal caller.

If there is the possibility to sync the personal addressbook, it must be possible to sync more addressbooks (the NAB, project address books etc).

Is there a solution or is there an app that can handle this problem ?

Greets

Stephan

Developer
My Device: Bold 9900 7.1
My Carrier: T-Mobile Germany

Re: Sync Public Address book to Z10/Q10 (LN Traveler)

Hi,

Sync your Device with your private contacts:

The Traveler server ALWAYS syncs with the contacts in your maildatabase. No choice there...

To get your contacts into your maildatabase make sure to activate "Synchronize Contacts" on the Replication page of your Notes-client.

Sync other addressbooks:

Currently I do not know a way to sync more than this one addressbook, so that we are currently developing an application that is supposed to synchronize e.g. NAB, CRM etc. with the private addressbook without showing those addresses "locally" (only on the device).

I'd be happy to learn about any other tool able to achieve that. ;-)

Hope it helps :-). Contact me, if you want to know more about this application.

/Nallo

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: VF DE

Re: Sync Public Address book to Z10/Q10 (LN Traveler)

That sounds like a great solution/workaround. Maybe something like the "recent contacts".

When i get or find a solution i will post it asap.

Greets

Stephan