Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Synchronization of Contacts with Exchange 2010 and BES10

Hi guys,

so we got some BB10`s yesterday and i have been working on the BES10 implementation which, to be honest, went extremely smooth.

My question is the following. I created the Email profile so that the BES would ''fetch'' the configurations from Exchange and push them to the BES and subsequently its users.
 In the old BES, once the user was created, you could edit his email profile and choose only a certain contact book to sync with the Blackberry and not necessarily all the contact books.

With this new version, i don't seem to see any type of option on the user or the server telling me i can choose with contact book to sync.. it`s all or nothing... including Frequent contacts, etc.. which causes many double, triple contacts in the BB10 contact list..

Would this be something i need to switch on the Exchange 2010 side now or am i just blind and missing the option in BES10?

Thanks alot,

Server : BESx 5.0.4(Bundle 38),Mobile Fusion 6.2.0(Bundle 11), UDS 6.1.2(Bundle 16), Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Microsoft SQL 2008 R2 SP2, 100 users.
Server : BES10(BDS 6.2.0(Bundle 45)), BMS 6.4.0(Bundle 7), UDS 6.2.1(Bundle 10)
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Synchronization of Contacts with Exchange 2010 and BES10

in outlook try going to properties and then choose not to use as an address book

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Hi Knotty,

I tried that yesterday and it didn't seem to work. But to be honest, it isn`t a viable option for my users.. They do use that functionnality on their local Outlook client(for the easinest of the it all) so i don't want to force them to stop using the address books in Outlook just so they won't sync on the BB10.. I'm not sure if this is a limitation of ActiveSync or the way Blackberry redid the new BES10, but i'm hoping this is something that can be fixed in the near future or it might cause me some issues in the near future... it was simple to choose the specific contact book you needed in BES5 using MAPI... I'm hoping this is something that can be brought back.

Thanks,

Ben

Server : BESx 5.0.4(Bundle 38),Mobile Fusion 6.2.0(Bundle 11), UDS 6.1.2(Bundle 16), Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Microsoft SQL 2008 R2 SP2, 100 users.
Server : BES10(BDS 6.2.0(Bundle 45)), BMS 6.4.0(Bundle 7), UDS 6.2.1(Bundle 10)
Visitor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bell Canada

I am having the same problem on my Z10, but using EAS (not BES10) to connect to my exchange server.  It is syncing all my contacts folders (contacts, suggested contacts, some other folders I have in there).  My other EAS clients (ipad, etc) only sync the main "contacts" folder, and all my previous blackberries (which ran on BES) also only synced the main "contacts" folder.

This is causing tons of duplicate and triple entires, and is highly annoying.

New Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: vodafone

[ Edited ]

Hi timlang we have just got some Z10's and I have the same problem even with the option to sync additional e-mail folders switched to the Off position am still pulling over contact folders I dont want on the Z10. As mention above on the BES 5 a easy task or even using the DTM you could select what folders.

New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

We have the same problem here an searching for an option to decide which contact-folder is synced to the device.

Also an option to group the contacts on the device is on our wishlist.

All in all the possibilitys of the new BES are not what we were expecting Smiley Sad

Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9000
My Carrier: MoviStar

This is a limitation of ActiveSync and not BES10. When using ActiveSync you can only syncronize the mailbox that is assigned to the user and not the other folders that are mapped to the user. You might have to ask Microsoft the your question or check and see if Exchange 2013 supports what you want in its version ov ActiveSync, this way BBRY might actually come out with support for it in BES 10.1+

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

This is not fully correct! At the IPhone (ActiveSync) you can set in the contact setting which contact-folder should be syncronized.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Passport SQW100-3 • Z10 STL100-3 • PlayBook 32G
My Carrier: AT&T

agoehler wrote:
This is not fully correct! At the IPhone (ActiveSync) you can set in the contact setting which contact-folder should be syncronized.

Please provide more details regarding your proposed solution using iPhone !! Thanks.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

If you have an MS Exchange ActiveSync activated IPhone
On the IPhone in Contacts -> Groups-Button:  you can select which Exchange contact folder should be synchronized.