Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: 9001
My Carrier: vodafone

The username, password, or domain is not correct. Please correct the entry.

[ Edited ]

Hi from last week, all of sudden I can't login to Blackberry Administration Service anymore to send a activation code to customer. Username and password are definately correct. I google and try all the recommended solutions without success. Such as reseting the password in user table in MSSQL, check local server time, use another login account, and even reinstalling the applicaiton, but none of those worked, it seems it is not communicating to AD at all. We are running windows server 2003 with BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0.3 bundle 12. It used to worked perfectly since early this year, nothing had ever changed on the server. HELP PLEASE, CUSTOMERS ARE CHASING ME HARD Smiley Sad

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: The username, password, or domain is not correct. Please correct the entry.

have you tried to restart BAS service?

any errors in BAS AS logs

default location :\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerryEnterprise Server\Logs

Also look in event veiwer to seef if any errors or warnings pertain to your issue

Please post back the log info minus personal info

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Yep restarted all the services, reinstall Blackberry Enterprise Server on the existing server, none of those helped

Below are some errors found in log

(05/29 08:57:57:903):{main} [org.jboss.ejb3.JmxKernelAbstraction] [INFO] installing MBean: jboss.j2ee:jar=100basServerManagementServer.jar,name=EventErrorMDB,service=EJB3 with dependencies:
(05/29 08:57:57:903):{main} [org.jboss.ejb3.JmxKernelAbstraction] [INFO]     jboss:name=LocallyDeployedAllQueuesReadyBarrier,type=Barrier

(05/29 08:59:06:759):{main} [org.jboss.jms.server.destination.QueueService] [INFO] Queue[/queue/CExpiryQueue] started, fullSize=200000, pageSize=2000, downCacheSize=2000
(05/29 08:59:06:759):{main} [org.jboss.jms.server.MessagingClusterHealthMBean] [INFO] Registered destination jboss.messaging.destination:service=Queue,name=NotificationManagerEventError_CQueue

Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.
    at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(Unknown Source)

com.rim.bes.bas.util.BASUnmarshalFailedException: Message: 'unmarshal marshalling exception, XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.{file: [not available]; line: 1442; column: 1}', nested exception: 'XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.'
    at com.rim.bes.bas.util.DTOUtilities.unmarshal(DTOUtilities.java:492)
    at com.rim.bes.bas.util.DTOUtilities.unmarshal(DTOUtilities.java:438)

Developer
My Device: 8520, 9700

The errors dont relate to the login, find those in BAS Log and advise.

Did you not have BAS Admin account, instead of just a AD authenticated Admin account

===========================================

Recommendation for future:

ALWAYS install BES with a local BAS Admin account first.

Do not start with an AD account install for BAS.

Add and AD Service Account after the fact.

If an AD account is used for the BAS during the install, immediately create a BAS Admin account on completion.

This way, you safe guard against failure to authenticate in this way.

Note: BAS Passwords by default are set to expire to 365 Days, increase this.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I don't have a BAS Admin account. How can I create that account? Is that a Windows User rather than a user in AD? Sorry I am not quite sure what BAS Admin account means...

Developer

My note on that is advisory for future.

You are in a pickle now and this wont help if not already there.

During the install you are prompted to created an Account, either AD or BAS (Named: Admin).

We by practice now only install with an "Admin" account created during the install which is BAS, not the AD.

Then we add the Service Account as a Security Administrator using AD Authentication after the fact.

Alternatively created when logged into BAS and created under Administrator User \ Create an Administrator user.

Selecting BAS instead of AD.

This account is a built-in account to BES itself and not reliant on external authentication connectivity like AD.

=============================

The issue you are experiencing has a wide range of causes, so getting the right log info is imperative.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks Gareth. Sorry for all the questions. I am new to Blackberry. Can you let me know how to find the appropriate Log file? I saw there are quite a few types of log files inside "Logs" folder.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

default location :\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerryEnterprise Server\Logs

Abbreviations for BlackBerry Enterprise Server debug logs

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

I can see the following log types:

BBAS-AS

ALRT

ASCL

ASMN

CALH

CBCK

CEXC

CMNG

CTRL

DISP

EXTS

MAGT

MAST

MDAT

POLC

ROUT

SYNC

Which one should I look at?

Developer

BAS-AS = BlackBerry Administration Service - Administration Service

BAS-NCC = BlackBerry Administration Service -Native Code Container

BAS-AS will log the failure.

Initiate a Login, allow a couple minutes for the log to catch to the action taken.

For other Log Abbreviations you can check: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB04777