Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Transporter migration issue

I'm having trouble with using the Enterprise Transporter doing a live migration from BES 4.1.6 to a new BES 5.0 server with a new database.

Most handhelds are working just fine except for about 30 of my 7250 handhelds. They all have software version 4.0.2 and they give a warning that they will not apply the new IT policy. I can tell Transporter to ignore errors and they'll migrate, but afterwards they do not apply the Default IT policy.

The admin guide for Transporter states that I need a table in the config DB named ITPolicyKeyMapping. How can I get this table? I do not want to spend the time updating the software on these handhelds, or re-activate them after the user account move.

Thanks!

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

Re: Transporter migration issue

From the 5.0 Release Notes:

SDR 265332
When upgrading from BlackBerry Enterprise Server version 4.1 SP6 to BlackBerry Enterprise Server version 5.0, in certain circumstances, conflicts can occur between the user entries in the ITPolicyKeyMapping and UserConfig database tables. These conflicts prevent the upgrade from completing successfully.
Workaround
Remove the following conflicting user entries from the ITPolicyKeyMapping table:
DELETE from ITPolicyKeyMapping
WHERE UserConfigId NOT IN (SELECT UserConfig.Id FROM UserConfig)

... Execute those commands against your database.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Andy,

I am migrating to a new server with a new config DB. Neither my old DB nor the new one have a table named ITPolicyKeyMapping. the Transporter admin guide states in the troubleshooting section that failures to apply IT policies to handhelds with device software 4.0.2 can be fixed by that table existing. I need to know how to get that table in the config DBs to avoid reactivating or upgrading the 30 devices.

Highlighted
Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

yup; I'm over my head on this one.  Sorry, I don't have a DB here I can look at to check this against for you.
------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/