Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Developer
My Device: Bold 9900 7.1
My Carrier: T-Mobile Germany

Truncate message not possible?

Hello,

I found a list of supported ActiveSync Policies here:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB33619&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

Can anybody please confirm that this means that message size limits are not supported?

That would be disappointing and surprising, because for a lot of my customers this was one of the most important feature in BES 5. Thats why I cannot really believe it...

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Truncate message not possible?

incoming or outgoing size limits?

Exchange 2010 can restrict them

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Developer

Hi Knotty,

Yes it can and so can Notes Traveler for incoming - or lets say: The option is available in Traveler, but it does not work for incoming email on BB 10 Device (Z10) and on Playbook. The above linked document does not list "Email body truncation size" as supported ActiveSync policy and a comparison matrix in wikipedia states that BlackBerry 10 indeed does not support it.

But I do not really trust those. So, do you have such policies in place for your Z10 and Q10? Do they work?

Thank you for your help,

Manuel

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

we have mostly unlimited plans here so we have it set to 20 meg for all

we warn users when roaming that they will be responsible for charges and no exceptions will be made

There is 2010 active sync policies on Exchange

EAS policy.png

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Highlighted
Developer

Thank you very much for your detailed response.

But basically you do not have personal experience that it works nor an official statement that it is supported, right?

My personal experience is, that is does not work and I told my customers that BlackBerry 10 does not support it. I would like to be proven wrong, because it was such an important feature in BES <= 5 to minimize the message size, I do not want to believe that BlackBerry made such an embarrassing mistake.Smiley Sad

Please prove me wrong Smiley Wink

Nallo