Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: Two Issues Preventing Fusion Deployment

@latino99 No, after updating to the newest version of UDS I was able to manually delete the client from an iOS device and the profiles and settings were removed a short time later. I didn't need to do anything special.

----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
BlackBerry Employee
My Carrier: Rogers

Please check out service pack 2 for the Universal Device Service which will be available shortly.  This should resolve Issue #2 as this service pack adds Microsoft ActiveSync Gatekeeping support. 

From the admin guide:

You can configure Microsoft Exchange to block devices from using Microsoft ActiveSync unless the devices are explicitly added to an allowed list in Microsoft Exchange. Microsoft ActiveSync gatekeeping lets you control which devices are added to the allowed list. When a device is added to the allowed list, a user can access work email and other information on the device. 

When a user activates a device in the Universal Device Service and the device is compliant with your organization's security policies, the Universal Device Service pushes a Microsoft ActiveSync email profile to the device and automatically adds the device to the allowed list in Microsoft Exchange.

You can read more about this at: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/deliverables/47751/Universal_Device_Service_6.2_Administration_G...

Highlighted
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks -BD-, that's exactly what we're looking for. I'll grab SP2 and give it a try.

----------
BlackBerry Employee
My Carrier: Rogers

Sorry I meant to update that post when it was released last week.  It is currently available for download.

New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: at&t

For issue #2, my response to a similar question from another thread:

It is completely possible for the Exchange administrator to deny certain devices from being able to access Activesync.

They need to do it in the Exchange Control Panel and specify the devices there. Instructions are on this page:

blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2010/11/15/3411539.aspx

This does have to be done by an Exchange admin, but it's dead simple to do. From that console you can also control the wifi, downloads etc of devices that do connect via Activesync Policies.

Super Contributor

@-BD- Just to quickly revisit issue #1, where removal of the BES10 client from the device will remove the profiles that were pushed. I've tested this on iOS and it works properly, however it doesn't seem to work on Android.

Should this work on Android or is this feature iOS only?

Thanks.

----------