Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry BOLD 9700
My Carrier: ATT
Accepted Solution

UDS DMZ Communication deployment with EAS

Hello,

I cannot find any direct communications regarding this so I am hoping someone knows the answer. I have a core server inside our firewell, with the communication module in our dmz. I am trying to get exchange activesync configured (exch. 2010)

We do not have any EDGE servers for exchange, they are all internal. We do not want devices to directly touch exchange, but to be proxied through the communications/core modules. Is this possible?

BlackBerry Employee
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: UDS DMZ Communication deployment with EAS

UDS requires ActiveSync to be publically accessible.  There is no proxy for it.

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10

If you don't want to expose EAS directly you can always look at something like Forefront TMG to act as a front-end/reverse proxy. We use this and have out Communication module running inside the firewall with TMG tunneling the traffic.

Keep in mind that UDS isn't talking to EAS on your behalf, it's just pushing out an EAS profile. If you want to be able to use EAS when you are outside the organization you still need to have EAS configured properly and published externally.
----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry BOLD 9700
My Carrier: ATT

Thank you to both of you. I also confirmed this with support. We have a product in place just for our iDevices that actually has the proxy capability built in. Sad to see I cannot do it with this product.

thanks again!