Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

UDS Emails on BB10; How do I setup email profile on my devices...

I was able to setup my new BB10 server with BDS and UDS, and got my certs in order and my APN.

I got my BDS running well, and have two Z10's on it now, very happy with it.

Then I installed the BB10 Client on both a iPhone and Android, and installed Touchdown on the later.

NOW for the life of me, I just cannot figure out how to get emails onto these devices? 

On the Android I used Touchdown with settings to my BB10 FQDN server (correct...as I dont point to my exchange), and then did the same when trying to setup a iPhone.

I then tried connecting internally with my internal private wifi network just in case of cert issues, and again, no contact/connections established.

I just do not understand how I can install the BB10 client successfully, establish a connection to the BB10 server, but cant get my connection to email running. Do I have to make an email profile and push it out to the devices? I have yet to see any information on how to perform this.

Any suggesstion/pointers on what to do now?

BlackBerry Employee
My Device: Z10

Re: UDS Emails on BB10; How do I setup email profile on my devices...

You need to logon to the UDS console and setup the email profile and assign it to your users.  For IOS/Android your ActiveSync server will need to be externally available as the connection is not proxied through the server like it is with the BDS side of things.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

Thanks for the information. It actually changes my whole concept of the use of the BB10 server and its connection to my exchanges activesync service.

So I have to point my iPhone/Android clients to my FQDN Exchange box and allow activesync connections from the outside world to it. But the Z10 is proxied thru the BDS. Therefore, unless I have exchange gatekeeping setup, all my users can circumvent my requirement of BB10 Client and just connect directly to my exchange (assuming that ActiveSync is open to all....I'm mentioning this becuase of the bad condition of my exchange and how previous admins just opened everything up to the users, who then almost overloaded the exchange box).

So the idea of the BB10 Client is to enforce the policies that Exchange cannot do on its own, well, not as well as what the BB10 Client can enforce, but I still need to allow my users a direct connection to my FQDN Exchange.

Does sound correct?

Again, I was totally under the impression that I could shut down external ActiveSync connections, and in fact HAD TO because the way my users had abused it, then just allow the internal servers (BDS/UDS) connect to it and proxy the connections.

Highlighted
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Blackberry Classic
My Carrier: Swisscom

Your statements are correct. But Blackberry has announced that with the next upgrade of UDS in May this will change and ActiveSync will be tunnelled through the Rim infrastructure, same as BDS now.

For this, sandboxed mail apps on Android and iOS will be available. So you will be able to close ActiveSync to the Internet. Only outgoing 3101 will be needed for everything.