Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

UDS "Work Apps" Web Clip

OK, quick question. I've been using BES10 UDS since back in the Fusion days, and the one thing I've had trouble figuring out is "what is the Work Apps web clip that's pushed to iOS devices for?"

I've been able to create software definitions and configurations, and these items appear in correctly in the Work Apps section of the BES10 client, but nothing ever appears in the Work Apps web clip. It always says "No application is applicable to the device".

Anyone have any idea how to get apps to appear in the Work Apps web clip? Is this for internally developed apps only?

----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB
My Carrier: .

Re: UDS "Work Apps" Web Clip

You gave the answer with your last question: it's only for internally developed apps.

Was my answer helpful? - Like it please!
Did my answer solved your request? - Mark it as solution Smiley Happy
------------------------------
Find more information about Enterprise Mobility Management at EMMAdmin.com
Super Contributor
My Device: Z10

Thanks, that's what I suspected. It would be nice if the documentation would state this, as it's currently written I can't find any explanation for this item.

It would also be nice to be able to turn it off. Our #1 question from new UDS users is "what is this icon for and why is there nothing there?". Given that we don't have any in-house apps, it's pretty useless at this point.
----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB
My Carrier: .

Totally agree with you - would be better to have that one optional for those who deploy internal apps.
------------------------------
Find more information about Enterprise Mobility Management at EMMAdmin.com