Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

UDS10.1 and Android - Secure Transport for Apps?

Hi Everyone, I'm in the process of testing out the UDS10.1 with one of our employees that has an android phone (the BDS is working fine with our Z10s and Playbooks).

I created an ActiveSync profile, as well as a software configuration for the Touchdown Email Client.

I installed the BES10 client, as well as the Tochdown  (through the BES10 Client).

The BES10 client automatically provisioned the Touchdown Email Settings based on the profile I created under UDS.

Our exchange server is internal and I noticed that the Touchdown application was directly communicating with the exchange server over Wifi. Once I turn off Wifi, the touchdown was unable to communicate with Exchange externally over the mobile network.

I might be mistaken, but does UDS 10.1 offer secure connectivity between work apps and the internal network, or does it still require a VPN?

I thought this was one of the new features of 10.1. Is there something I might have forgotten to configure? I was looking at the admin guides, however it doesn't give a general "how-to".

I know that for BDS, the work apps have secure connectivity through the BDS, as well as the ability to define "internal networks" under the IT policy for applications that might communicate both over the internet and internally.

Thanks

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB
My Carrier: .

Re: UDS10.1 and Android - Secure Transport for Apps?

Only the Management/Administration is done via the Secure connection, not the apps and Sync with Mail.
That will come later with a new client on the device later this year (maybe another server update is required also, not sure about that)
------------------------------
Find more information about Enterprise Mobility Management at EMMAdmin.com
Contributor
My Device: Passport + Z10
My Carrier: Tim

That's a bad news,

it's one of the major functionality we need for company, otherwise I think BES will be left...

any idea when this feature will be released?

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB
My Carrier: .

Pretty sure this year Smiley Happy
I believe I heard something about June, but not 100% sure and you never know if it will be delayed again.
------------------------------
Find more information about Enterprise Mobility Management at EMMAdmin.com
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Blackberry Classic
My Carrier: Swisscom

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Thanks for the responses everyone,

I'll configure the phone with the VPN client for the time being.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Passport + Z10
My Carrier: Tim

Good news,

today morning I've found an apple store update, guess what? BES 10.1 client 10.1.54.131.

As per itunes What's new : "This version adds compatibility for BES10 with Secure Work Space for iOS devices"

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bes10-client/id505157728?mt=8

I don't know if there is an update also for Android...

But for the server side I need also an update?