Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

My Device: tour
My Carrier: verizon

Re: Unable to access BlackBerry Admin Service after upgrade to 5.01

mbanks solution worked great for me too.  I did have to wait awhile before it worked.  Seems like after I did what mbanks said to do then it generated a new key on it's own?  Not sure about that but it didn't work immediately.  Took about 2 hours before I was able to bring up BAS.

Contributor
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Telstra

Hi there.. I have few pairs of BES servers. The issue is I'm able to access BAS using https://standby/webconsole/app but not https://Primary/webconsole/app . Event ID 4 logged in applicationlog. Any suggestions??

Cheers!!

My Device: Various
My Carrier: Various

Hi all

I have the same issue, after upgrading from 5.0 SP1 MR1 to MR2.

However, the solution described above does not work for me. While the value WebKeyStorePass exists, it is empty. There are no other values under that key.

WebKeyStorePass REG_SZ *empty*

I am reluctant to reinstall BES, as I do not like to reconfigure the whole server (and potentially the Blackberrys themselves). Or is there any way to reinstall without collateral damage?

Cheers

Peter

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Uninstall / Reinstall fixed the issue for me

mbanks850 wrote:

I fixed mine without reinstalling.

I went to the registry under

HKCU\software\Research in Motion\Blackberry Enterprise Server\Administration Service\Key Store

I had

WebKeyStorePass REG_SZ encryptedpassword

WebKeyStorePassIsEncrypted REG_SZ 1

CacertsKeyStorePass REG_SZ plaintextpassword

So I copied the value from WebKEyStore to Cacerts and added CacertsKeyStorePassIsEncrypted REG_SZ 1

Not sure if I needed to add the "IsEncrypted" but copying the encrypted password over the plaintext password got it working for  me

Are the web key store and cacerts suppose to be the same password? I guess I'm just wondering why this would fix it.... I have this issue currently.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Uninstall / Reinstall fixed the issue for me

BDR529 wrote:

Well, out of frustration, I ended up uninstalling BES and reinstalling.   The uninstaller for SP1 is surprisingly thorough, moreso than before I believe.  I went into the registry afterwards to clean out any leftover keys (especially any referencing the BAS ) and there were none!  The *entire* "BlackBerry Enterprise Server" program files folder was removed too!  I seem to recall there being some leftover files in previous uninstalls.

Anyhow, the reinstall fixed it.  I suspect it does have to do with what tsawyer1 was referring to, either the Keystore password in the registry, or possibly a corruption in the actual web.keystore file?

After the reinstall, I find I do have to re-import my 3rd party certificates into the web.keystore, as it was removed and I didn't have an easily accessible backup aside from what was in the same folder.

Long story short:  Reboots didn't help, re-install over the top didn't help, uninstall / reinstall did it for me.

I had to uninstall/reinstall to get mine working as well. The registry edits did not fix my issue.