Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8920
My Carrier: Airtel

Uninstall Communication Module - UDS

Hi,

Due to security issue ,i  need to move Communicaion module to DMZ.

Alread i have installed all module in single server , i am trying to uninstall the communication  module i don't get options to deselect .

Did anyone has got idea ?

Regards

Krsihna

New Contributor
My Device: non-BlackBerry user
My Carrier: uninteresting

Re: Uninstall Communication Module - UDS

I also had the same problem. I started the installation setup again and deselected the communication module. Have you tried it about the same way?

Because after uninstalling the communication module all blackberry services were stopped. I saw that the services have the startup type "manual" and I set the settings to "automatic". Did you have the same problem?

Regards

BlackBerry Employee
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Uninstall Communication Module - UDS

Hi ntkrishna

If you rerun setup on top of your install, you should see the Setup Option screen with the components in which you can de-select communication module.

Once uninstalled, you can then reinstall communication in a DMZ and just point to the Core URL when prompted. Just make sure port 8081 is open.

Hope that helps.