Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Universal Device Error in log - "Enroll profile sending error."

They have taken my certs to examine - waiting call back.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: Verizon

Sounds good.  I'm waiting on a call myself Smiley Sad  hopefully I get one today. Let me know what you find out Smiley Happy 

Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bell

I am up and running.  My first attempt at an install i decided to use a self signed cert which i later discovered was not supported.  So instead of uninstallaing the UDS i manually imported my purchased trusted cert into IIS.  Therefore the UDS install was still looking for my self signed one.  I uninstalled and installing and during install chose the correct cert and all was good.  I did also run into an issue after uninstalling and installing that i could no longer login to the Admin Console.  The problem ended up being that the CORE website in IIS didnt have the certificate binded.  if the console login problem occurs for you also then you can goto the Bindings for the IIS CORE module website and choose the RIM BUDS Core Certificate. 

Contributor

Nice!!  Glad to hear you are up and running.  I did my installation from the get go with my third party CA cert, so don't think I have the same issue you do, but I definitely think its cert related...  I'm half tempted to reinstall from scratch...  Blackberry support wanted to verify my certs were in the right place and permissions were set right, but that all is the way it should be Smiley Sad 

Contributor
My Device: did have a BlackBerry Storm 2
My Carrier: Telstra

I seem to recall reading somewhere that if you have managed to generate more than one APNs certificate request only the newest one is valid. It's easy to do. The webpage kept crashing for me, but was actually generating the request, although I was never getting this feeback. I managed to generate 4 of them! I did just delete them all and start the process again from the Apple website.

I'm just wondering whether, if the above has happened, you are still able complete the process but end up with an invalid APNs certificate because there is a more recent request pending?

Just a thought from left field, and possibly not relevant though.

Contributor

Well I finally got things up and running...  I guess my certificates were out of wack because I uninstalled/reinstalled etc...  so it wasn't matching up the right certificate when the externally accessible webpage (with the cert) was accessed...  This had nothing to do with my third party CA cert, but the cert that was originally generated by the install with the core module.  I blew away everything and did a clean install and things seem to be working better Smiley Happy

BlackBerry Employee
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

quikslvr311 wrote:

Well I finally got things up and running...  I guess my certificates were out of wack because I uninstalled/reinstalled etc...  so it wasn't matching up the right certificate when the externally accessible webpage (with the cert) was accessed...  This had nothing to do with my third party CA cert, but the cert that was originally generated by the install with the core module.  I blew away everything and did a clean install and things seem to be working better Smiley Happy

That sometimes does happen with multiple reinstalls in environments where the Core and Communication modules are installed on different servers. 

This is documented with a workaround in:  http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB31093